Back with the bug

wormdrowner

Hi everyone, After taking my Grandson and Son out a few times I thought it was time to get my own licence and tackle. They are both special needs and take a lot of looking after but once they are set up up it is great to see the looks on their faces when the fish are landed. Trouble is it has been the blind leading the blind and the beginners luck is wearing off and its time to gain some skill. Hoping you experienced guys can help so I'll be posting loads of questions soon.

Tight lines from the Wormdrowner

Welcome to Anglers Net.

Ask away.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Welcome to Anglers Net.

Ask away.

Hi Newt

My first query is about split shot. Is there a table that gives the weight in grammes for each size. For example when setting up a 3 BB waggler if I put 2 x BB to secure the float how many No 6 shot will it take to finish the job? I've been doing it by guesswork so far but it would reduce my set up time if I had a better idea.

Also how accurate are the float sizing? are they just a guide?

Cheers

The wormdrowner

I see you are already in good hands with your topic in the coarse section. They should be able to tell you everything you wanted to know and a few things you didn't know you wanted to know. :D

At least that's what usually happens when I ask a question.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President