Wanted 11 foot 2 piece quiver rod

tradman

I'm looking for a quiver rod for small river Chub fishing. I am after a rod simalar to the old style John Wilson avon quiver after I now regret selling mine. I am looking for an 11 footer with either fixed 2oz quiver or multi as long as the rod breaks down into 2 equal sections when the quiver is fitted. I missed out on a tfg river & stream but somthing a long those lines. I have £50 put aside for this rod can anyone help?

Pikerboy

If a 12ft is OK I can certainly help!! And at £40. It's a Ron Thompson 3 tip quiver and with a avon top as a second top. Plus delivery which is currently £10.50 By ANC. I will chuck in a free tube. Cheaper if you buy a reel too at same time!!! Can do with a 50 size Feeder reel (freerunner type) for another £10!! But same post. Also have a MUCH cheaper rod, (Or two!) A 2 tip 10'6" quiver which is going for £15 plus delivery (to you!) Or a ron Thompson 10' 3 tip quiver(medium) at £20??

So much choice so LITTLE time??

[ 10. October 2005, 09:44 PM: Message edited by: Chris Goddard ]

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Thanks Chris. I,m got my mind set on 11ft. I have a 12'6" Preston Sentient and I find it just too long for my Indian style Chubbing. What is the 10' 6" rod like, line rating, make, tips etc. Does it have a screw reel seat and cork or duplon grips?

Pikerboy

The 10'6" rod is ideally suited I would say to 4/6lb lines and is a duplon handle. It has sliding fittings and two tips to it. I also just remembered I have some Red Wolf by ABU just arrived. But they are again a different rod to what you want? They are a 9'6" quiver rod and an 11'6" Feeder rod. I did sell one of the 10'6" rods to Tyke who was as far as I am aware pretty pleased with it.

If these are no good I am over to Germany today to see a range of the Browning/Zebco gear today and will most likely be ordering? But not sure if my German is up to it!! Hope theres is!! I'll see if owt jumps out at me!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

SEEN some REALLY nice tackle!!! If you still want owt let me know!!

Chris Goddard

Go for the river and stream mate..it really is a cracking rod.Had mine over a year now,and cannot fault it.

"Dont **** in the pool,and then tell me you"ve swallowed some water".

Made an impulse buy today. Not exactly what I wanted but only cost me £50. I am now the owner of a new Shimano super ultegra light feeder. Does any one know more about this rod, reccomende line and casting weight say?

Tradman

There!!!!,,i"ve got a spare river and stream,,you should have said!!!,

"Dont **** in the pool,and then tell me you"ve swallowed some water".