8 work begins

lyn

The rain came as forecast so should give the rivers a good flushing through. I am hoping to see a lot more recovery this year after the early floods of a few years ago. We were out on our bikes last weekend and rode along the Wey in Farnham still no signs of fresh weed in places, I am wondering if there is too much silt on the bottom, not sure if that would make a difference. It is all free fishing through the town so no one to look after it the EA do a bit but not a regular basis.

I am going to load my AN centre pin today, should I give the reel a touch of oil, if so what? rocket fuel or something else?

lyn

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:D

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lyn, did you ride up the A31 bridge at the end of the stretch? If so how did it seem?

I plan to be down there in the first week or 2 of the season, will probably just fish near the maltings and work my way down to the A31.

James

Lyn, did you ride up the A31 bridge at the end of the stretch? If so how did it seem?

I plan to be down there in the first week or 2 of the season, will probably just fish near the maltings and work my way down to the A31.

We came through Moor Park then went in off South Street and came out in Guildford Road. It was very low and clear with people fishing!!! I did point out it was out of season. I may well see you down there as I will be trying that area, also if I can get hold of my friend fish his fields again the other side of the Wrecclesham Road. Someone was advertising a stretch of the Wey fishing in Farnham in the Herald a few weeks ago, not sure which area it was, I should have phoned up.

There are some good chub in the Maltings area.

lyn

Thanks guys, I have some sewing machine oil so will use that.

lyn

I have fished further up the Wey towards Alton and it was a day ticket place, it's at most 2 miles from Coxbridge roundabout. They have barbel apparently in the weir pool. The time I went with my brother it had loads of people there so was not a good a day.

Give me a shout if you get to fish your friend's field ;)

Yeah i've fished by the maltings before with my brother and his friends and they got 1 or 2 out, they were hiding under a bush just round the bend from the maltings.

We came through Moor Park then went in off South Street and came out in Guildford Road. It was very low and clear with people fishing!!! I did point out it was out of season. I may well see you down there as I will be trying that area, also if I can get hold of my friend fish his fields again the other side of the Wrecclesham Road. Someone was advertising a stretch of the Wey fishing in Farnham in the Herald a few weeks ago, not sure which area it was, I should have phoned up.

There are some good chub in the Maltings area.

lyn

James

They have stopped fishing a Willey Mill now but the barbel have moved out by all accounts. Once I catch one I will let you know if the rumours were right :D:lol:

lyn

Do you know why they stopped Lyn?

The weir pool looked amazing if you had it to yourself + a friend.

As far as I know a new company took over the mill and like a lot of day ticket waters just got out of hand with rubbish, late arrival etc only fishing for a select few by all accounts so if you are well known you might get in :rolleyes:

lyn