Help With Weed

bigginz92

Hi my local fishing pond has a very weedy bottom to it. No-matter what size of ledger (weight) I use it sinks into the weed and makes it hard to get the presentation right and on sometimes causes the bait to fall into the weed as well. I have tried Pop Ups and PVA bags. Any tips on what eles I can Do? - Chris

Hi my local fishing pond has a very weedy bottom to it. No-matter what size of ledger (weight) I use it sinks into the weed and makes it hard to get the presentation right and on sometimes causes the bait to fall into the weed as well. I have tried Pop Ups and PVA bags. Any tips on what eles I can Do? - Chris

The following article may offer some ideas:

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/Carp-Fishing-A...ng_in_weed.html

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

My very simple advise is not to worry about it. Fish in the lighter weed or clear spots amongst it, or just fish in the weed itself. If you really get paranoid about the hook catching up in the weed then use one of those 'pva nuggets' wrapped around the hook point. The same old maxim applies, which is to find the fish and fish where they are, or better still where they feed. Carp will soon clear spots in the weed hence the idea of looking for the clear spots, i.e. where they may well have been feeding.

Rob.

As said above, try and look for clear spots in the weed with a marker float. But if you have to fish over the weed, then fox do some 'bouyant' leads that sink very slowly that are designed for fishing in the weed, there actually made for pike fishing for some reason, so you might want to have a look for some of these.

The first time I fished in heavy weed was with Julian, the author of that article above. I struggled at first, but once he showed me how to find clear patches, I caught a few. In fact, I'd say that if you can find a clear patch in a weedy lake, your chances of catching a carp are probably the highest they'll ever be.

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

The first time I fished in heavy weed was with Julian, the author of that article above. I struggled at first, but once he showed me how to find clear patches, I caught a few. In fact, I'd say that if you can find a clear patch in a weedy lake, your chances of catching a carp are probably the highest they'll ever be.

Thanks guys this helped alot. After casting out till i found a clearn patch which took me the best of an hour, i finanaly caught a pb at 28lb. Thanks again!

Result! Nice one :D

Got any pics to share with us?