Dont mess with the Yanks

deanbmw

Another reason not to mess with the yanks. Joke extract: a cracker from 'dodgy' on silver lure forums.... had me in tears!

"This is the transcript of an actual radio conversation between a US Naval ship and the Canadians, off the coast of Newfoundland, in October 1995.

CANADIANS: Please divert your course 15 degrees to the South, to avoid a collision.

AMERICANS: Recommend you divert your course 15 degrees to the North, to avoid a collision.

CANADIANS: Negative. You will have to divert your course 15 degrees to the South to avoid a collision.

AMERICANS: This is the Captain of a US Navy ship. I say again, divert YOUR course.

CANADIANS: Negative. I say again, you will have to divert your course.

AMERICANS: THIS IS THE AIRCRAFT CARRIER US LINCOLN, THE SECOND LARGEST SHIP IN THE UNITED STATES ATLANTIC FLEET. WE ARE ACCOMPANIED BY THREE DESTROYERS, THREE CRUISERS, AND NUMEROUS SUPPORT VESSELS. I DEMAND THAT YOU CHANGE YOUR COURSE 15 DEGREES NORTH, SAY AGAIN, THAT'S 15 DEGREES NORTH, OR COUNTERMEASURES WILL BE UNDERTAKEN TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF THIS SHIP.

CANADIANS: We are a lighthouse. Your call. "

:D

Tight Lines

Shaun

Having gone out with two girls from New York, a school teacher and an Intellectual Property Lawyer, I agree with the title of the post "Dont mess with the Yanks" - especially if they are women :)

Shaun - the lighhouse joke was almost a reality here a few years back ... in a sense, the US navy are often doing exericses of the Western Isles ... here is what happened: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/2122687.stm

Gillies

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com