Been down river

leedsunited

Just been down my local river for four hours this afternoon

caught my pb perch at 2lb 14 ounces

also caught my first ever brown trout at 1lb and my first ever pike at 3lb with no wire trace

caught all using worms

had to set up three times though and lost alot of hooks as i have a new reel to get use to and there are alot of snags in the river

found out that i will have to travel alot lighter as lugging tackle is hard work

anyone else been fishing today

id like to hear from you

I had a match on my local river today what a grawler. water two foot down and gin clear when sun came out you could count every stone in the swim only managed 3 small dace and a few minnows. on the norfolk broards in two weeks time can't wait to get some proper fishing in (i hope)

Regards

Paul.s

----------------------------------

Live for today as there might not be a tommorrow!!!

jp-tackle.co.uk

Fished the R.Dane last night(16:30-00:00).The River wos slightly up roughly 2ft and a little coulered,never had a bight till about 20:00 just after dark lost a clonker snapt me on 8lb line,then about 1hr later lost another grrrrrr(slipt the hook).

Allso fished the Dane to-day differnt stretch.It's the first time ive been to this stretch(waa)lost a chub only fished for about 3 hrs.

Roll on Friday night,do a spot of tench fishing befor the winter kicks in propally.

That's bigger than my PB perch! 2lb 6oz is mine (on a lobworm). Haven't been fishing recently (my wife is expecting our second baby - pregnant wives and fishing don't go very well together!).

Next saturday though I'm off grayling fishing on the River Test at Timsbury - can't wait!

[ 10. October 2004, 09:57 PM: Message edited by: Spindle ]

2lb 14 oz Perch. Nice one mate. Did you get a picture of the mighty beast??

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Ach my man. You need a camera if you intend to catch Perch of nearly 3 lbs!! That's not just a specimen. That's a belter.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...