WHAT DID YOU MOTHER ALWAYS TELL YOU?

Janet

I had a good day on my club lake today, made even better by the antics of Ashley, my fishing buddy's son.

What a mucking fuppet....yes, he did what we call in these parts "Doing a Roy"....

A little explanation here - Roy was fishing a local lodge a year or so ago when he left his rod unattended for a moment....you know what's coming, don't you? Yes, somewhere out there, lurking in the depths is a rather nice Shimano rod and reel....henceforth, losing a rod to a fish (yes, they DO win on occasions....) is called doing a "Roy".

Perhaps we should now call it "Doing an Ashley" as this time it was caught on video! Apologies for the soundtracks, but I had to find something to cover up the expletives as he found himself totally stuck in the silt, unable to move his legs. In the first one, the fish was still on! He raced round to the cabin, donned the waders and waded in to retrieve his tackle. Just like his father, the fish got away....Paul, perhaps you ought to educate your son as to the correct terminology for a lost rod? I think there were far too many swear words for someone so young....he's obviously picked up bad habits along the way, and I can only put that down to poor parenting ;)

I must admit it was slightly cruel filming it, but honestly, wouldn't you have done so too? He won't live that down in a hurry....

All in all it was a very good day, and I'll post a report with piccies later, when I've had some sleep.

Janet

Edited by Janet

I don't use a baitrunner, although I read a review on here that my Exage reel can perform many of the same functions? Still haven't quite figured it all out yet!

Personally, despite having my chair fitted with an extendable rest and a rubber thingie (I think it's known as a butt lock back rest, but it's a rubber thingie to me!), I tend to prefer fishing with my rod across my knees. Somehow it just doesn't feel right if I'm not hold of my rod butt.

Besides, the fish in my club lake are so damned quick at times, then if you aren't ready they've nicked your maggots and are swimming backwards, thumbing their nose at you!

Janet

PS. I don't know if Ashley's seen the videos yet!

Thats what i meant Janet ;) if im float fishing my rods in my hand at all times but if i need to put it down for whatever reason then i open the bail arm straight away dont even have to think about it like i say its a good habit to form ;) try it :D

The more i practice the luckier i get :)