Leeda rimfly kingsize question

tagnut69

Hi I have been given a Leeda Rimfly Kingsize, with 2 spools both loaded with line. What size line are these reels rated for amd how can I tell what size line I have on them.

Many thanks

Chris

Hi I have been given a Leeda Rimfly Kingsize, with 2 spools both loaded with line. What size line are these reels rated for amd how can I tell what size line I have on them.

Many thanks

Chris

They would take 7 and 8 weight lines with a good quantity of backing and were good reels in their time and indeed still are I still have several of them for when I am stillwater trouting.

The way to tell the weight of your line is to weigh the first 30 feet not including the 2 foot bit of level line on the end the required weight must be measured in grains then simply read it off against the aftma scale bearing in mind that there is a fair bit of latitude in the scale.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan