Lancs fishing

Redbaron

Hi all

well its time to venture out of my comfort zone and see if i can catch a few fish elsewhere, other than my local cannal. I was just wondering if anyone knows any good fishing spots in the lancs area pref around rochalde/oldham areas. I wouldnt say im a massive carp fan and i have no experiance on faster moving water. Would it be adviseable to find a local fishing club so i can learn from those more experianced???

many thanks in advance

Try Todmorden Anglers. They own the rights on the canal from littleborough to Hebden bridge as well as several waters inbetween.

As a taster Croft lodge (calderbrook road littleborough) and Grove lodge (todmorden road Littleborough) are both available as day ticket waters.

For a good water to catch on the waggler try Hollingworth Lake an the Rakewood side near the overflow. Fish a waggler about 15-20 yards out in about 10 feet of water, feed a pouchfull of maggots every cast and you'll soon have a good shoal there, after that shallow up to about 4' so you're fishing on the drop. Feed then cast and draw over the loose feed. 10 - 20lbs of silver fish is easily do-able in a few hours.

Down side is the pike, however if you're that way inclined chuck out a lure and have fun that way as well.

Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail