Chichester Canal - West Sussex 2009

Snowy0230

As I have posted in other parts of the forum, I have been fishing here recently. I live in Portsmouth and I've been looking for somewhere I can go and relax away from the real world. I've tried Peterfield Pond - very poor lately - and then on to Chichester Canal. Too many people walking dogs and over fished I think. I'm not even sure there's anything in there worth going for. The old boys on the Canal speak of what they USED to catch but not what's coming up now.

I even dropped in over the last couple of days to try a bit of Pike fishing. Dangled the old Mackerell and Spratt and still nothing. :(

Has anyone fished here?

What's in there?

Is it worth paying out and spending the time there?

I know in fishing you have to patient and that's half the fun, the unexpected. However, I don't want to keep travelling that far to battle with kids for the best swims :angry:

Thanks!

P-J

I am the one that got away! (From the men in white coats)

Hello Snowy,

Have a look at Petworth & Bognor Angling Club web site.Click on the Match Results to view recent weights of 31lb11oz and 11lb 14oz,which can't be too bad for a shallow canal.

Hope that's encouraging,

Regards, Brian.

Thanks for that, I took a look and browsed the entire site. Seems to answer a few questions for me. Also, it confirms the "winter" theory on the Canal. Having said that, it should be common sense to an angler. :rolleyes:

It would seem that Sussex has some nice waters and I'm thinking about getting in on the membership. Value for money! £40 membership for Chichester Canal - £77 for Petworth & Bognor Club which covers the Canal and much much more!

Thanks, that was very helpful :D

I am the one that got away! (From the men in white coats)