Carp Fishing France

COL_G

Hi all,

I am off to France at the end of may (keycamp near berny riviere)

i have never been fishing in france before, and just starting out again here

anyway my discussion is.. my hero matt hayes uses a bubble float to cast out floating bait

this is the main method i am going to try with a floating bait trout pellets or dog biscuits (hoping the weather is sunny)

has anyone fished there before or agree / disagree with my method

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all,

anyway my discussion is.. my hero matt hayes uses a bubble float to cast out floating bait

this is the main method i am going to try with a floating bait trout pellets or dog biscuits (hoping the weather is sunny)

Not heard of the venue but be warned that surface fishing is rarely succesful over here. I have tried it many times in various venue's and even fed floating pellet to the carp in my own lake (the ducks ate most of them ) but unless the venue is overstocked with pasties bottom fishing is vastly more succesful.

but unless the venue is overstocked with pasties bottom fishing is vastly more succesful.

True, but if you can get them taking on the top, it can be vastly more exciting.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Not heard of the venue but be warned that surface fishing is rarely succesful over here.

Ive heard this so many times but have found it to work on plenty of waters.Some dont but thats the same anywhere in the world.

That said though I think its a bit daft to decide on a method untill you are actually there and can actually see the venue and more importantly the weather conditions.Why limit yourself to one method?

Fish the venue the same as you would any other youve fished before.And above all remember that just becauise you are abroad they wont throw themselves at you you still need to fish properly!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

• 4 weeks later...
Hi all,

im goin g to france shortly too ... good subject