Returning angler has stupid question....

Boardy404

Hi all,

I have just registered for this forum as it seems quite lively, and has some decent information scattered about.

I used to be an avid river fisherman but over the years I found pubs and stuff and slowly drifted away from my hobby. Until recently, I wanted to start again, wne to grab my gear and voila! All gone, sold by my ex mrs when she moved to Dubai :o

So, I've bashed the credit card a bit getting some nice new gear, I was always a rod and reel angler, but have also invested in a pole this time. Nothing too fancy, a Maver genesis. Which leads me to my reason for posting here. . .

Although it is not a fancy pole, its fancy enough not to make a big mistake, and being new to this pole caper, I'm not sure what is what. Included with the pole was a match kit (inside the pole) and 2 spare kits, 1 of which is a power kit, the other a cupping kit....but which is which? How do I tell which is the cupping kit and which is the power kit? :schmoll:

I know it's probably a laughable question, but I really don't know what to look for.

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers!

Hi all,

I have just registered for this forum as it seems quite lively, and has some decent information scattered about.

I used to be an avid river fisherman but over the years I found pubs and stuff and slowly drifted away from my hobby. Until recently, I wanted to start again, wne to grab my gear and voila! All gone, sold by my ex mrs when she moved to Dubai :o

So, I've bashed the credit card a bit getting some nice new gear, I was always a rod and reel angler, but have also invested in a pole this time. Nothing too fancy, a Maver genesis. Which leads me to my reason for posting here. . .

Although it is not a fancy pole, its fancy enough not to make a big mistake, and being new to this pole caper, I'm not sure what is what. Included with the pole was a match kit (inside the pole) and 2 spare kits, 1 of which is a power kit, the other a cupping kit....but which is which? How do I tell which is the cupping kit and which is the power kit? :schmoll:

I know it's probably a laughable question, but I really don't know what to look for.

Any help would be appreciated!

Personally i dont like or use a Pole. Your local tackle shop will be able to advise you. Better still go to your local water and find out what the local pole anglers are using.

Cheers!

I'm lucky to go fishing everyday (when the FPO allows me)

East Anglian Fishing Forum

http://www.easternanglers.co.uk/

welcome

And down to your question

match kit will be thin elastic

power kit thicker elastic

cupping kit will be with a screwed end

hope this helps

Women need a reason to have sex. Men just need a place.

The difference between light and hard is that you can sleep with a light on.

welcome

And down to your question

match kit will be thin elastic

power kit thicker elastic

cupping kit will be with a screwed end

hope this helps

Ah ok, well I didn't notice one with a threaded end, but one was a lot chunkier than the other so I assume that is the cupping kit. Thanks for your help!

Hi you should have two top kits with elastic in them and one with a fitting of some sort on the end which is the cupping kit

Women need a reason to have sex. Men just need a place.

The difference between light and hard is that you can sleep with a light on.

Hi you should have two top kits with elastic in them and one with a fitting of some sort on the end which is the cupping kit

Yeah, none of the pole was elasticated, secondly the shop "forgot" to include the cups, I will wait for the cups to show up before I do any hacksaw work on the other kits.

This is why I stick to rod and reel!

Appreciate the help though, many thanks!