Monk Lakes

ray carper

Thanks for the advice tony.

we're going mid-week so hopefully won't be to bad.

will let you know how we do. 19/20 aug

cheers again ray

Got back a few of hours ago from monks mallard lake.

To be honest i was a bit sceptical about going as no one had a good word to say about the place, and after spending 24hrs there i can fully understand why no one has a good word for it, although to be fair if your looking for a venue that's very well looked after monks is the place. pity the fish stock in the specimen lake don't match the grounds.

At £37.50 for 24hrs this is one of the most expensive in the country i think, (waiting for people to tell me about more expensive venues) we arrived at 1pm yesterday and fished round till midday today. had 1 fish out during the night a 4lb common and another that took just as we was packing up 23.5 mirror. i know lots of people would be happy with a 23.5 fish but, when you consider there was at least 6 of us fishing the lake with 3 rods out each and for the 24hrs we were at the lake we did'nt hear another optonic go off. we did'nt even see any fish rolling or cruising round the top, which for yesterdays weather seemed very strange.!!!

the fella i was fishing with ask the bloke in the office if he could give him some kind of idea on numbers of carp in the lake, he's reply was loads in there mate???

Not a place i'll be rushing back to to spend my hard earned money in.

or maybe the fishing was just crap down there that day.!!!