calling all gamers calling all gamers

Andy_1984

dunno if many of you are into the online gaming scene "thinks of old farts cleaning their rods :D )

anyway i love online gaming and would like some of you to see what im into, here is a movie of one of my most favorite online games, its about 40mb so fast connection is a must. this movie is actual online game footage and made to look a bit more movie like, its a good watch

the game is battlefield 2

Click here to download

[ 12. August 2005, 11:22 PM: Message edited by: Andy_1984 ]

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Sorry Andy I reported your post because I've never had it happen before, ran virus check and antispyware software. Cleaned up a few potential problems but doubt they were from your link. Better be safe than sorry.

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...

Jeff - the authors of the site that hosts that file for download did use quite a bit of ActiveX and other goodies to feed you pop-ups and such but it is all legit advertising. Annoying but legit.

Not surprised you were a little spooked though given the way some of the pages behaved.

Under your security settings for internet zone, if you opt to be asked before allowing a site to run ActiveX (a good idea for lots of reasons) and you simply say No to the question when going to this link, you'll get there pretty quickly. If you run a decent pop-up blocker (I like the one that comes as part of the google toolbar) you won't be annoyed with them either.

I haven't unpacked the .rar file to play with it yet but I can tell you it isn't infected or any bad thing like that.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Hi Newt, I've since purchased the Norton Internet Security 2005 Antispyware Edition. The software Norton 04 came with our PC and expired yesterday (believe it or not). Running live update now. I did find adware that wasn't discovered yesterday called Adware.NDotnet, then I'll scan again to see what else comes up. Thanks for checking!

Broadband is sooo great, I'd be on the symantec website all day!

[ 14. August 2005, 10:04 AM: Message edited by: Jeff S ]

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...