Kodak Easyshare camera software

I've just bought a Kodak Easyshare C713 digital camera from Argos for £60. They specifically said it was exempt from their normal 30 day cash back guarantee.

They supply a disc with software which I think you need to install before you can download the pics onto your computer. But when I tried to do this it said my operating system (Windows 2000) does not support the Easyshare software. If i understand it right it only works with XP onwards.

As I understand it my options are:

1. Fight with Argos to take it back. Unfortunately time is not on my side as I bought it for a trip overseas in 12 days time, so writing letters of complaint would be too slow.

2. Download the pics onto someone else's PC, and transfer them across.

I guess my question is whether there are any other options. It would be great if I could get it to work on my own computer.

John

john clarke

i would try and take it back because no ware on the Argos site dose it say that this camera or software would not work with your operating system

it dose say on the Kodak site winxp and above,

but not in argosies description

they should change it because it is not suitable for the purpose it was bought for

they may offer you vouchers or an exchange for a different camera

no harm in trying

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

just found this plus sent you a pm

Kodak win 2000 software c713

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

I wouldn't bother. I have never used any software supplied with a camera and usually bin it as soon as I open the box. Simply take the card out of your camera and plug it either directly into your computer or into a USB card reader. Then move the files via Windows Explorer. It couldn't be easier.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

I agree. Assuming your camera has a USB cable, just plug it in, turn on the camera and go to "My Computer" and look for a new disk drive icon. Click that, open the directory DCIM and you should find a directory inside with the camera's contents in it. Then just drag them into the place you want them on your computer just like any other files.

Thanks everyone for your advice. For some reason going to 'My Computer' didn't seem to work as the icon didn't show up. Maybe my first attempt to install Easyshare blocked it in some way? But Pete's suggested download of earlier software applicable to Windows 2000 seems to have worked, though I have yet to use it in earnest! I'll post again if I get problems, but it won't be for a few weeks as I'm off to Mozambique - which is why I needed the camera!

Thanks again

John

john clarke

I remember using cameras with Win2k at work. Quite often you have to scroll the My Computer window across to the right to find the new "drive" icon! It doesn't come on until the camera is switched on.

(I haven't used a Kodak camera but the Fuji, Sony and Olympus cameras all seemed to work pretty much the same way.)

I remember using cameras with Win2k at work. Quite often you have to scroll the My Computer window across to the right to find the new "drive" icon! It doesn't come on until the camera is switched on.

(I haven't used a Kodak camera but the Fuji, Sony and Olympus cameras all seemed to work pretty much the same way.)

Thanks, I'll try that

john clarke