jrc stealth overwrap

Gav Walker

They come up on eBay occasionally - one went very recently, but it came with the rest of the brolly so probably not what you wanted. JRC no longer have any stocks of the original overwrap and the new one won't fit the old brolly...

cheers anderoo, but that was one i already tried. as far as i can tell its kent tackle and they appear to be out of business, no reply to e mail and phone number dead. correct me if i'm wrong if any one is familiar with kent tackle? it could be my mistake?!

davy, i already have the zip-in panel, its extra waterproofing i'm after coz i've had it a few years, its still going strong but do sometimes get e wee drip in extreme conditions. i can spend 3 or 4 days out piking in scotland in january so i'm not kidding when i say extreme conditions! :o:o:D

Gav

King Piker

Dont know but something like this may fit. Quite amazing that there does not appear to many overwraps about that will fit a brolly. I used to have one that fitted my old Nash profile which I am fairly sure would have been okay with the stealth but threw it away with the brolly when the seams went.

http://www.climaxtackle.com/wychwood/oval_brolly_system.htm

http://www.ultimate-angling.co.uk/nash/oval_plus_brolly.htm

it would appear that jrc have stopped making them so guess i'll have to improvise, although as anderoo will be aware after his own epic bivvy saga, buying mail order you're never sure if it'l fit till its too late. the nash one looks the part but i'd like to see it in action first.

Gav

King Piker

When my profile gave up the ghost a couple of years ago there were some great deals around with JRC. I was going to get a stealth myself but finished up with a fantastic deal of a JRC Oval comlete with light and heavy groundsheet, overwrap, 4 storm sticks and 3 sets of tee pegs for just over £100 delivered. A little bit smaller than the stealth but it has seen me through some heavy weather. The Nash profile had the extended ribs similar to the stealth and it was certainly a bit bigger than the JRC oval. The old Nash slippery eel material was excellent but the taped seams came away exposing the stitching and no matter what I tried to stick them down or fill the seams it didn't work. Having said that it saw me through afew years and several French trips so I cant grumble. As a temporary measure a large light duty groundsheet with eyelets may work.

Edited by tincatinca

It's a good point, maybe another overwrap would fit it OK? It might be worth asking JRC if another one in their range could be used?

Or maybe someone here has an old overwrap they no longer need or are willing to sell?

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music