any one know this place in coalville

mark harding

was just randomly looking on google maps and noticed this place, kinda looks like there are some pegs etc on it but aint sure

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&so...=16&iwloc=A

just wondeed if any one knew about this water at all?

Hi,

I've never fished there but I have walked around it and spoken to the people who control it so I can tell you what I know.

The fish apparently do grow fairly big..... I can't remember how big so I wouldn't like to put a number to anything. There is a fairly shallow marginal shelf all around the lake and then it drops down to up to 18ft ..... it is an old gravel pit. Most of the people fishing it are fishing for Carp or Pike and cast to near the island from the 2-3 points which are closest to the bank. It is a park so you can imagine there are people walking around depending on the weather. It's a day ticket water but again I can't remember the price of a ticket. There is a car park next to it which I believe is free parking (although don't quote me on that).

Unfortunatly that is all I know, I've heard rumors of big fish from people I've spoke to who are fishing there but these are just rumors....... I believe they feed ducks there so possibly fishing in the evening over the areas where they feed the ducks might be good as I guess the fish get fat on the bread the feed on in the evening.

Good luck, let me know how you get on.

Errrm

Hi Mark,

A few features don't become available until you reach 15 posts.

Tight lines,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Hi Mark sorry for the delay (I've been fishing). When I was on there the Carp went to a good size and got caught from all around the lake. The pike suffered with the usual dire consequences from the numpties who wanted to have a go at piking, but had little or no idea of what to do.

The entrance to the water as a barrier which was down untill about 7.00 a.m and they dropped it back at around 17.00 p.m I would think in the summer it would be later than that but I dont know.

Remember it is a park lake and you get all the related problems with that in the day and night, I do know some fish it at night but Im not certain that its allowed. It was quite cheap to fish there and I understand it still is. There was a bonus fishing here, which was a ladies hockey pitch which cheered me up while the pike fishing in the winter.