Had a short fishing session last night

Snatcher

Decided to have a short session out last night after dusk in Luce Bay. I had mapped out a few "places of interest" to try after doing a scouting/mapping session a while ago on a very big tide. Anyway last night I drove to one of them and got there after lights out.

I had bass in mind and set up with my normal Greys GRX 10' 15-60g rod and a Mitchell fixed spool loaded with 15lb mono. I must really try braid out from the shore - been promising to do this for years !!! :D

Tied on a 20g Drennan controller float with an 8' 15lb mono trace. On the business end tied on a 2/0 Sakuma baitholder hook and threaded on a 6" Storm Naturistic Wildeye Holographic Sandeel.

3-16.jpg

I sometimes find that the bass prefer the smaller 4" version on occasions though. I always use a baitholder hook as find that after a couple of fish the sandeel tends to slip down to the bend and becomes ineffective.

2-19.jpg

I have had a few good sessions during the season using this combo so this is what I went for last night. Mind you by the same token have had more blanks :rolleyes:

After about 5 minutes I had my first tentative take,I never strike at the "plucks" but just keep on reeling. Missed that one but after a few more minutes had a fish really hammer into the lure. I thought this was to be my first schoolie bass of the night but no,it was a small pollack.

1-27.jpg

Over the next two hours I brought in and released 5 pollack and missed 5 takes. It was a great night for "stargazing" and I could make out the Milky Way and also seen one "shooting Star".

Well after two hours and no bass had to admit defeat as I was carrying a hand injury. I think its an RSI from lifting up too many pints of Bellhaven Best ;)

It had been a good session with a few fish so I was well happy. At the moment we have a fairly stiff westerly blowing over the MOG but the west side of Luce Bay is still fishable and the water clarity is fine. Just took this photo from the veranda a short while ago.

4-14.jpg

Oh well hw is approx 16.00 so might just go and have another bash. After all shy bairns get nowt!!!!!

John

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy