Hugh Miles

Jeffwill

I always listen to his program, I only found out about them a few months ago but think there fantastic.

Martin is a great sporting chap and a real credit to the sport.

He has a wide range of anglers on his programs and is well worth tuning in when you can or listening again.

Till the other day I didn't realize he has MS so fishing for him is harder work then most of us I guess.

Well worth a listen...it starts at about 3.50 minutes in.

I've had the pleasure of fishing with Martin on several occasions. I don't know of any other top angler who gives up his time so freely to help complete beginners. Yes, I said freely...he refuses to take a penny for himself for his services, although a donation to one of his favoured charities is welcomed.

This was my account on here of My first day fishing with Martin James. Sorry the pictures are missing - I think I must have moved them! There are several more stories, but I can't find them at the moment.

He truly is a great ambassador for the sport. He's also very, very funny, great company, and on occasions absolutely outrageous! He's taken me out river fishing several times, and also spent a good few days teaching me the art of fly fishing. I can't think of anyone else with the dedication or the patience that he shows, even to a complete cack-handed numpty like me!

Jeez, the mad old bugger even had me rolling under barbed wire fences (and face down into freshly laid cowpats...) I'll get my own back one of these days!

Janet

Edited by Janet