How long?

Kappa

So at the mo the Thames at Oxford is high, running through and brown. So my question is:

In the absence of anymore rain how long will it take for it be 'fining down'. Or at least how long for the colour to drop out?

Rich

So at the mo the Thames at Oxford is high, running through and brown. So my question is:

In the absence of anymore rain how long will it take for it be 'fining down'. Or at least how long for the colour to drop out?

Rich

It's been high and coloured for quite a while so I'd be happy fishing it now - lots of lovely creases with all the extra water! The colour has started dropping out ever so slightly, so by the weekend it might be spot on (hope so!).

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I wish I was out there today, it's perfect! Mild, still, low pressure, dry, overcast... how annoying :rolleyes:

Much colder by the weekend...

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

The Lugg is about as bad as you could get for grayling :( up about 2', coloured and just as it starts to fine down and drop a bit it rains again. I'm really looking forward to some cold dry weather to bring the river and the grayling into condition again.

I'm aching to try my new bait :yeah:

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

My cheesepaste is maturing nicely :) By the weekend I should be able to plop a bit into the river and let it drive all the fish out onto the bank for me.

Erm, despite no more rain the Thames was over its banks this morning! There must have been a lot of extra water making its way down through the locks and weirs. I expect other local rivers will be in a similar state.

The colour isn't too bad so I expect it will be fishable by the weekend, but it'll be tough going.

Erm, despite no more rain the Thames was over its banks this morning! There must have been a lot of extra water making its way down through the locks and weirs. I expect other local rivers will be in a similar state.

The colour isn't too bad so I expect it will be fishable by the weekend, but it'll be tough going.

I know what happened there? Seems to be loads of extra water!

Rich

The levels are still very high here, but the worst of the colour has dropped out. I reckon the fish will be used to it now, and grouped up in the slower water. It might be an interesting weekend!

Rich

Well that depends on effluent, storm drain run-off, dew, moisture on the ground, humidity, snow if there is any. There are quite a few variables to consider. Rivers don't just drop at constant rate once the sky clears up.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...