£7500 reward to catch Kent clubs poachers

davesherwood

Cranbrook and District Angling Club is offering a reward of £7500 for information that leads to the arrest and conviction of poachers that netted and stole specimen fish and left other fish to die on the bank on one of our club waters in November.

The reward money includes:

£500 put forward by our friends at Linton Angling Society

£500 by Carp-Talk magazine

£500 by Chris Lodgson at Mid Kent Fisheries

£5000 by Angling Times magazine

It is hoped that other angling clubs in the South East will join us in offering a reward; we are all at risk from these sorts of criminals.

Other clubs or fishery owners that wish to pledge a reward or anybody wishing to pass on information regarding this matter should please contact Kevin Webb, Cranbrook and District Angling Club Secretary, at info@cranbrookanglingclub.co.uk

All information received will be treated in strictest confidence and will be handed over to the Police, the Environment Agency and the Angling Trust.

Cranbrook and District Angling Club is offering a reward of £7500 for information that leads to the arrest and conviction of poachers that netted and stole specimen fish and left other fish to die on the bank on one of our club waters in November.

The reward money includes:

£500 put forward by our friends at Linton Angling Society

£500 by Carp-Talk magazine

£500 by Chris Lodgson at Mid Kent Fisheries

£5000 by Angling Times magazine

It is hoped that other angling clubs in the South East will join us in offering a reward; we are all at risk from these sorts of criminals.

Other clubs or fishery owners that wish to pledge a reward or anybody wishing to pass on information regarding this matter should please contact Kevin Webb, Cranbrook and District Angling Club Secretary, at info@cranbrookanglingclub.co.uk

All information received will be treated in strictest confidence and will be handed over to the Police, the Environment Agency and the Angling Trust.

A terrible thing to happen to any water. However if it's a stillwater, a little lucky that it happened now and not when/if the proposed new coarse fish legislation comes in, stillwaters aren't covered so the EA will probably just wash their hands of it. It's also possible that the police will shy away and urge the landowner to take out civil proceedings! :(

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!