• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ferret1959

lyn:

Barbel in tanks        :mad:      :mad:  

lyn

Birds in cages, wild animals in enclosures, dogs on leads.

It happens.

I don't think the barbel would suffer.

Barbel, grayling and trout. I'd love to see the cooling and filtration systems for that. At university the whole acwariwm (University of Wales ) was air conditioned so that we could keep native marine species, and at the IFE we had a constant supply of cold lake water.

Ferret1959:

Nice to see proper fish for a change.

All these fancy tropicals just get borin.  :)    :)  

I think my next tank set up will be native freshwater fishes.  :)    :)  

Same here, but (a) we haven't got room for another tank and (B) the missus *really* wants an African cichlid setup. We've currently got a South American community tank, and keeping the water soft is a nightmare. Our tap water is nearly hard enough to walk on. When we get a bigger house, I'm having a large native tank. And a big koi setup outside.

wow!

guess were im heading soon!

barbel,grayling,rainbows,gudgeon,minnows and CHUB!!roach and are there some brown trout there?

some of them chub look big,love the chublets,they outnumber the roach and gudgeon where i fish,the jump on ya maggots mob handed at times!

now thast wot my bait tank should look like!

did they have any zander or pike-any predators at all apart from chevin?.

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!

that looks similar to the one in birmingham i went to a few months back, they had a pike there, think there was a big eel in there aswell, it was really interesting seeing it clearly under the water and the tank had all the things you'd find when looking for a perfect pike spot.

[ 11. July 2005, 12:33 AM: Message edited by: joso ]

I was with Louise, I took the pics hehe.

The only other predator they had was one small perch in the same tank as the small chub under the log. If you look very closely at the right hand side in the shadow you'll see it! when we went a year ago they had a Pike in the tank that now holds the shoal of trout, its gon now though. it was a raggedy old thing, didnt look too happy.

Norfolkdan:

Norfolkdan:

Barbel, grayling and trout. I'd love to see the cooling and filtration systems for that.

You missed out roach and minnows?? :P
But roach and minnows are tough critters, barbel are fairly fussy about water quality and trout and grayling are very fussy about water quality and temperature.

ricey:

I was with Louise, I took the pics hehe.

The only other predator they had was one small perch in the same tank as the small chub under the log. If you look very closely at the right hand side in the shadow you'll see it! when we went a year ago they had a Pike in the tank that now holds the shoal of trout, its gon now though. it was a raggedy old thing, didnt look too happy.

i had a good look couldnt see the stripey,

maybe when i go i can convince elkm to get some preds on board lol

nice pics mate sounds like you had a good day.

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!