fishing river dee

rodey

:) hi guys new to angersnet i am going fishing on weekend to river dee chester and wondering ive anyone has any idea what is the best approach as i am new to river fishing

thanks

:) hi guys new to angersnet i am going fishing on weekend to river dee chester and wondering ive anyone has any idea what is the best approach as i am new to river fishing

thanks

Welcome to AN :)

I don't know the Dee I'm afraid, hopefully somebody will be able to help.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

It will depend on water flow, water clarity, water size & depth where you will be fishing, and what you are targeting.

Some additional info will help in giving you advice even if no one on here knows the Dee at that exact spot since rivers tend to have quite a bit in common.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

hi rodey,

I know the dee well. where by are you planning on fishing ? and what for?

Chester city centre is not the best this time of year unless you're after pike, but I'm sure prince albert anglers own the city stretch now.

if you are happy to catch anything then head for farndon, free fishing next to the old bridge but you'll have to get there

early this time of year, eg before 7am! plenty of dace and chub to catch either trotting or maggot feeder halfway across the river. the pegs nearer the bridge are generally better.

if you can't get a peg there, head for eclleston, a bit nearer

to Chester. it's deeper here though so feeder would be best I suppose.

best of luck!