Your last fish

Guest Darth_codhead

Guest Gray-Catchpole

er this was about an hour ago, the bream was teaching me the jig, i suggested the pogo but he insisted, he get back to his mates.........fast, i sliped and he went home biggrin.gif . fit and healthy i may add, 3.5lb, woodstock, south wales

graygetinjiggy3.5breambettws14oct01.jpg

------------------

Email:

[This message has been edited by Gray-Catchpole (edited 14 October 2001).]

Guest Chris Plumb

Barbel 8lb 1oz, preceded, in the previous 6 hours, by barbus of 4lb, 6lb, 5lb 6oz, 8lb 9oz, 10lb 14oz, 7lb 3oz and 5lb 11oz.

12 oct

River Kennet

It was SOME session..... biggrin.gif

Chris

------------------

"Study to be quiet."

Guest spindle

A small perch, and about an hour before that a chub of about a pound.

What's great about that you ask? Well three things.

First, both fish were caught on a lure - I've never ever ever caught a fish while spinning before (only really got into it recently!), so I was very pleased just to catch a fish of any kind using the method.

Second, the Chub was about a pound in weight - it was my ambition this season to catch a chub of reasonable size, so that's a little achievement in itself.

Third - I learnt a lesson. I was fishing in the weir on my favourite stretch of the gt. ouse, and wasn't getting a touch casting all over the weir. Immediately after the weir the river widens, then narrows completely down to about two foot wide where it heads off down stream again. I half-heartedly decided to try close in along the bank where the river widened, and immediately connected with a reasonable perch, which dropped off the hook. Next cast along the same bit - I caught a chub, and a couple of casts later, another perch. I learn something new about fishing the river every time I visit it.

Guest Alan Stubbs

The last fish I caught was a gudgeon! If you want to now more, ask The Tangler and Blankedagain!

However, the lst fish I caught a glimpse of was a mullet this afternoon. It spent half an hour laughing at me. I gave up thinking 'if Steve Burke and Leon can't catch it, I sure as hell can't!'

Alan

------------------

ANMC Founder Member

Guest maximus barbulas

1.Barbel

2.10lb11oz

3.Kennet

4.14th October

Cheers

Jon

[This message has been edited by maximus barbulas (edited 14 October 2001).]