Lobster/crab pot/creels - Burntisland, Firth of Forth

Geek

Hi, very new to the forum so hello all. I am planning on moving to Burntisland soon and picking up a small fishing boat.

I would like to put some pots down to see what I could catch. I would hope to get some borwn crabs. WHat else could I expect ? Lobster ?!

I have also seen various prawn traps on ebay, worth a punt in these waters ?

Cheers

Sanjoy

Hi, very new to the forum so hello all. I am planning on moving to Burntisland soon and picking up a small fishing boat.

I would like to put some pots down to see what I could catch. I would hope to get some borwn crabs. WHat else could I expect ? Lobster ?!

I have also seen various prawn traps on ebay, worth a punt in these waters ?

Cheers

Sanjoy

Hiya, Welcome to the forum..:), You WILL have fun here...:)

I used to have a wee fishing shack a little bit further north on the same coast...at Buckhaven...:) Great times.

Right, to your questions....Firstly... I'd wait till you get to Burnt Island, have a look around, and see what the local guys fish for in their creels....I know you should get Edible Crabs, Green Crabs, and def Lobsters....and, secondly, forget those things that sell as Creels on Ebay, absolute junk...especially when you consider, you'll be fishing in the Forth Estuary........they wont last 2 minutes....:)

You will soon find some "proper" ones for sale...and cheaply too.,,,You could do worse that join one or two of the small boat clubs along the coast there..I was a member of Buckhaven SAC...which was a small boat club...there are always small boats for sale there, and in the many other clubs in that area..

So, have fun, and stay safe....:)

If I can help in any way. PM me..:)

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

• 3 months later...
Hiya, Welcome to the forum..:), You WILL have fun here...:)

I used to have a wee fishing shack a little bit further north on the same coast...at Buckhaven...:) Great times.

Right, to your questions....Firstly... I'd wait till you get to Burnt Island, have a look around, and see what the local guys fish for in their creels....I know you should get Edible Crabs, Green Crabs, and def Lobsters....and, secondly, forget those things that sell as Creels on Ebay, absolute junk...especially when you consider, you'll be fishing in the Forth Estuary........they wont last 2 minutes....:)

You will soon find some "proper" ones for sale...and cheaply too.,,,You could do worse that join one or two of the small boat clubs along the coast there..I was a member of Buckhaven SAC...which was a small boat club...there are always small boats for sale there, and in the many other clubs in that area..

So, have fun, and stay safe....:)

If I can help in any way. PM me..:)

Hi Norrie can you PM me when you are next heading out as I have not earned the right to PM yet ?!

Have moved to Burntisland now and have settled in over the last month and have found myself with a lot more time on my hands of late...Fiscally I may be after some tackle only rather than the boat if you get my "drift" !

S

You can't receive PMs either until you've made your 15th post and become a full member.

If you wish, you can put in your email address with spaces so spam bots can't read it (or do a screen print of the email addy and post the photo which is what I usually do).

contact-info.jpg

Otherwise and if you wish, I can look up the email you registered with and send the info along to him.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

You can't receive PMs either until you've made your 15th post and become a full member.

If you wish, you can put in your email address with spaces so spam bots can't read it (or do a screen print of the email addy and post the photo which is what I usually do).

contact-info.jpg

Otherwise and if you wish, I can look up the email you registered with and send the info along to him.

If you could send it to the registered email address please. Cheers, work online and am a real conspiracy theory person with me email addresses!

• 1 month later...