Short Break Holidays

rarepleasures

Can people recommend any short break holidays cottages/lodges for the holiday angler and his bird-watching other half within a 3hr train journey from London?

We've done York Lodges, Tetford, and next month we're going to Lonsdale Park, want to test out some new places this year for full week holidays next.

Thanks

Tony

Can people recommend any short break holidays cottages/lodges for the holiday angler and his bird-watching other half within a 3hr train journey from London?

We've done York Lodges, Tetford, and next month we're going to Lonsdale Park, want to test out some new places this year for full week holidays next.

Thanks

I would reccomend this place where we spent 4 nights at the end of may fishing. the lodge is very nice and well equipped and is right on the edge of the second of 4 large ponds. we are not into bird watching but managed to spot quite a few that we dont see in manchester lol including an owl whose wing span was probably the whole length of my car peugeot 406 est. http://www.fisheries.co.uk/hamstall/cabin.htm

Life is rather like a tin of sardines - we're all of us looking for the key.

• 4 weeks later...