look what i woke up to - absolute chaos

Andy_1984

click here for picture

click here for article

so i woke up this morning to this site, at first it wasnt quite apparent what had happened infact i thought the canal had burst its banks a little.

what's quite funny though is some of the news websites calling it chaos but it couldn't be further from the truth it was all a lot of fun, workmen helping helples women by giving them piggy back rides across the road and people falling in the water trying to jump over little torrents no more than a few inches high with people cheering them on and clapping, people rolling up their socks and braving the flood with a smile on their face.

traffic wasnt much of an issue people were just goin through it quite easily further down. it wasnt till the police blocked everything off that traffic chaos insued

there's also a new project just about finished called phoenix flowers (big ugly multi colored lights in the shape of flowers, ground made bright red with some sort of asphalt that connects the underpass to spierswharf (forth and clyde canal)

its rather a big pain in the arse when you live 14 stories above them with the light shining right on to you're cieling, heres a render of what it looks like now, at its lowest point its about 9-10ft bellow ground and goes under a small bridge/road

_46828249_phoenixflowers466.jpg

now heres what it looks like:

_48110258_flooding1.jpg

_48110168_flooding2.jpg

the full thing was completely under water :D it was a complete eyesore anyway they should leave it that way and fill it with fish

i got plenty of better pics than whats on the net the now ill upload them later ;)

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Jesus Andy,

5 bursts all at once. Thats either a massive pressure increase, or you had an earthquake.

Second thoughts, do you have an underground railway there ? could have been settling.

Did you manage to get a line in before it subsided ?

ziggy, i really did feel like going down with a rod just for a laugh but decided against it.

anyway heres a few of the pics i took:

if anyone like the press viewing this topic want to use these images please contact me via private message on these forums for permission, i have lots lots more.

P1010105.jpg

P1010064.jpg

outdoor world should have been selling their dinghy's outside that day

P1010049.jpg

P1010055.jpg

the base of my block of flats!

P1010103.jpg

the cause of the problem check the hump in the road caused by the force of the water!

P1010060.jpg

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Wow, great pics Andy, looks like you're in a sunami. Has it all settled down now ? Did they work out what caused it ? Is Glasgow going to become the next rift valley ? Are you splitting away from the mainland ?

Pics of you fishing it would have made the local press, they like a laugh. Hope you're ok & not too traumatised.