wreck fishing Hartlepool -23 -6-10

wildcard

We fished a very big wreck yesterday that just wouldnt stop producing. So we stayed on it for over 4 hours.

The first cod of the day was a plump 6lber which coughed up 2 silver spratts without interrogation. For giving me this information it was allowed its freedom. This fishing trip was by special invite only and the release of the first fish of the day was greeted by howls of derision and disgusted looks from the other anglers :lol:

The cats new owner had never fished with shads before, so I gave him a super kenzaki braid rod and sealine reel and rigged him with a tubi boom and bright silver shad.

He then proceeded to kick my arse all day and showed a real knack for the technique. He ended the day with the biggest 3 fish (biggest over 13lb) and a converted shad man, though at the end of the day his silly grin was getting the better of me. :rolleyes:

I didnt take any pics myself and I dont personally post pics of big catches or fish with blood on them. All fish under about 20in were released.

This was the stamp of fish caught, nothing massive;

004-3.jpg

Alan

Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it again.

Sounds like a good day out and makes my pb 1 1/2lber of tuesday look a bit sick!........mind you I've never targeted cod yet!

We use shads on the wrecks for pollack and they certainly do the business.

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

We fished a very big wreck yesterday that just wouldnt stop producing. So we stayed on it for over 4 hours.

The first cod of the day was a plump 6lber which coughed up 2 silver spratts without interrogation. For giving me this information it was allowed its freedom. This fishing trip was by special invite only and the release of the first fish of the day was greeted by howls of derision and disgusted looks from the other anglers :lol:

The cats new owner had never fished with shads before, so I gave him a super kenzaki braid rod and sealine reel and rigged him with a tubi boom and bright silver shad.

He then proceeded to kick my arse all day and showed a real knack for the technique. He ended the day with the biggest 3 fish (biggest over 13lb) and a converted shad man, though at the end of the day his silly grin was getting the better of me. :rolleyes:

I didnt take any pics myself and I dont personally post pics of big catches or fish with blood on them. All fish under about 20in were released.

This was the stamp of fish caught, nothing massive;

004-3.jpg

Alan

Any thoughts of anchoring it with bait or sending a live mackerel into it. Never know you may find something of a better class. As for the drift fishing, have you tried a 1 m short trace and bounce the shad over the ground?

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Any thoughts of anchoring it with bait or sending a live mackerel into it. Never know you may find something of a better class. As for the drift fishing, have you tried a 1 m short trace and bounce the shad over the ground?

I wouldnt mind trying either method, but bait has always been a slack water thing to me if I am honest. A pirk and muppet man until I found shads and redgills. Maybe you should come and show us how its done Barry - consider that an invite. ;)

Dave Bruce (the boats new owner) is a big bait fisherman and has had ling up to 42lb. The lad in the photo is his mate Andrew, who has had ling up to 28lb - off the wreck we fished yesterday.

We will be night wreck fishing soon - on the drift with bait. The plan is to suss a safe route out through the marker dans in daylight, then follow the plot trail at night.

Alan

Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it again.

I wouldnt mind trying either method, but bait has always been a slack water thing to me if I am honest. A pirk and muppet man until I found shads and redgills. Maybe you should come and show us how its done Barry - consider that an invite. ;)

Dave Bruce (the boats new owner) is a big bait fisherman and has had ling up to 42lb. The lad in the photo is his mate Andrew, who has had ling up to 28lb - off the wreck we fished yesterday.

We will be night wreck fishing soon - on the drift with bait. The plan is to suss a safe route out through the marker dans in daylight, then follow the plot trail at night.

Alan

This is where i'm finding it hard to understand, all depending on what we are after, we could spend a full tide at anchor, might have to reset once or twice if the tide pushes us off. There's one skipper down the southwest, who doesn't even use a bouy to reset, just steams off, circles around using the gps and reset's without even touching the anchor, magical to watch that is. btw he is also used to having 100lb conger on his boat. :D however, bait into the wreck at tide will certainly winkle a decent ling out, i'm also amazed that there is absolutly no reports of any decent conger caught up were you are. You can't tell me that no one wants to fish for them. B)

I'de be up for a trip or two Alan, late summer sounds like a plan to me.

Give up pirking years ago after red gills came in, too much like hard work for me. Try a short trace with a sidewinder, bouncing off the bottom on the drift, blue or orange, i promise you will find the cod.

As for bait on the slack, yes you can get some, however make full use of the tide, when they all start to feed. The only time we would go back on the drift is if the tide is too strong, i.e. over 2 knot, apart from that big weights to hold on. Some times we would even use more than 2 pound, it ain't difficult with braid.

Night fishing, yummee, seventh heaven on a wreck that is, Drop the bl@@dy anchor, don't fart about. :D We do eighteen hour conger trips sometimes and i have pulled conger up to 80lb at ten at night, now thats what i call fun. Ask Ivan about his trip down with us, he'll put you right.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..