A full days fishing - What to fish for?

stooby

Morning all!

At long last I have a day free to get out onto the lakes and do some fishing. I aim to get there for 04:30, set up, sort myself out and be ready to cast in for 05:00. Tinca's will be the order of the morning (hoping to beat my PB), until about 10am when they will more than likely shy away from feeding. At this point I dont really know what to target, it's a mixed course fishing lake so I have a variety to go for. I will have 2 rods so potentially I can target 2 different species at the same time (maybe ledger with one, float fish with another?).

Is there particular times of day that the following feed where I can increase my chances of catching the species?

Bream

Perch

Carp

Roach

Rudd

I am going to be there until about 22:00 so I have plenty of time to play around with different techniques etc, so any advice or tips are more than welcomed.

Many thanks all!

Stooby...

Out of interest what lake/ lakes are you intending to fish? A lot depends on the weather. Bright sunny day would normally see me kipping around 11ish until 4 ish then start again. Overcast and windy will see me targetting the bream all day but a lot of this is down to venue.

everytime i catch a fish i'm lucky when i blank i'm a hopeless angler.

Hi Terry,

I went to Castle Ashby Lakes in Northamptonshire, failed on the Tench although there was activity. Caught plenty of Silver fish, and a PB on a Roach and Perch so was pleased with that (although they weren't huge, but a PB is still a PB :D )! I targeted Bream but no luck there either.... Tried a bash at the Tench again as the light came to an end next to a bed of lilly pads, but still no joy... However, still had a cracking day down by the river in the peace and quiet :-) can't beat that on a warm summer Sunday!!!!

Cheers,

Stooby...