River Thames

damper

I am staying at Odney on Tuesday night and expect to be able to wangle a few hours fishing during Tuesday. Any local knowledge would be much appreciated. I have already spoken with the friendly tackle shop who suggested Cookham Weir. Has anyone fished the area recently or anyone fished within the Odney Estate. I guess I should expect some chub and maybe barbel action (I hope)

Thanks in advance

Di! Ecce hora. Uxor mea me necabit.

I am staying at Odney on Tuesday night and expect to be able to wangle a few hours fishing during Tuesday. Any local knowledge would be much appreciated. I have already spoken with the friendly tackle shop who suggested Cookham Weir. Has anyone fished the area recently or anyone fished within the Odney Estate. I guess I should expect some chub and maybe barbel action (I hope)

Thanks in advance

Damper just got back from a weeks Holiday on the Thames and we moored up at Clivedon just below Cookham and i took the little boat up towards the weir and had loads of silvers on on stick float but as for Barbel the local i spoke to said they were thin on the ground in that section ,think there may be 2 weirpools there one with loads of no fishing CCTV in operation signs and another round the other side of the lock so this must be the one you are on about ,Would imagine as close to the weir as poss is the best bet for a bertie but the whole length below Cookham lock has overhanging trees that scream Chub that may be your best bet .

No idea who controls fishing there but I think there is a tackle shop in Cookham that may have that info Steve

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream: