Power pro pain

Danny H

Night before Our LAS Ardinley fish in. respooled two Multis with 55Kg p.p.

Once again the dreaded wax lump appeared 35 yrds in.

( Used to be quite common, is a knot of wax coating that used to appear on the braid, in about 1 in 3 spools bought)

Cleaned out the lump, and carried on spooling up.

At the fish in the braid snapped at that point, managed to save Loz Harrop custom lure, but left with Un realistic amount of braid on spool.

Will now have to trash that 35yrds as well.

Must have lost 70yrds of new spool of braid, (can't seriously fish lures with klnot in middle of the line, so can't tie on new piece)- the bloody stuff cost £26

1. Thought the wax lump situation was now sorted

2. As the coating comes off after a few days anyway, I wish you could buy the braid without it.

Anyone who has seen my posts knows I love Power Pro, But please, please, Game on- sort it out- if Poss.

Danny

The 'slub' problem has been greatly reduced in fact it occurs on 1 in 10,000 spools, I think 1 in 3 is a little far fetched. It is a build up of lint from the coating process and in no way effects the strength of the line only bad removal will lead to breakages. The coating is not wax either, it is a resin containing a powdered dye.

If you had a problem with this you should have not continued spooling and returned it to your supplier or contacted us, you have our e-mail. We will replace any spools that this occurs on without hesitation. If you wish to return the spool we will replace it.

As a matter of course we have replaced 3 spools in the last 12 months. I sympathise with you but as I have explained above you were just very unlucky.

Below is an explantion of 'slubbing' direct from Konrad Krauland the owner of Innovative Textiles:

Dear Angler:

The hard spot in your line is a defect that we call a "Slub". We occasionally get a lot of Spectra yarn that makes an excessive amount of

lint during braiding. This lint builds up on the braiding machine, and occasionally a tuft of lint will attach itself to a yarn and become part of the braid.

During the PowerPro process, this fibrous tuft absorbs some resin, resulting in a hard spot. These hard spots can be decapitated and carefully removed from the braid. Slubs have no effect on the strength of the line since they are not part of the load bearing fibers. If you break fibers while trying to remove the tuft, then you will have an effect on the lines breaking strength.

Rob

Game On

Rob,

thank you for your reply, Slub what a great name.

You are quite right it is resin not wax, that was the word I was looking for.

As I said I was spooling the day before our Major annual fish -in, so I had to proceed, normally I have unspooled then wasted time driving to fishing shop, then paid parking, then had to argue with shop, then got new spool, then driven home and respooled.

As You can see, I must love the product to do this,

I have had to do this 3 times in the last 4 years

This time the braid was bought via Dave Lumb, it was Sat night, I had to fish 10.00am Sunday- bit stuck

I hope to god it is now 1-10,000, as I said it has improved.

But I will state here ,and would do in court that I have had 1-3 spools with this problem in the past, I have probably purchased in total approx 12.

Great product, minor problem, wish they would ditch the resin.

all the best

Will return all the line to you.

Please email me address.

P.S My last spool of 100lb had lasted 3+ years.