fishsense tackle

wabster

hi all im starting fishing again and im thinking about getting a FishSense complete coarse fishing starter outfit .does anyone know anything about it/got one?would be nice to know if the are anygood.any advice would be welcome please as i dont want to waste my money.

hi all im starting fishing again and im thinking about getting a FishSense complete coarse fishing starter outfit .does anyone know anything about it/got one?would be nice to know if the are anygood.any advice would be welcome please as i dont want to waste my money.

I don't know anything about the kit in question but in my experience the kits are usually made up of poor quality stuff the couldn't sell any other way.

If you could find someone with a bit of knowledge to advise you or even let those on here know what you want it for and what your budget is then you would get some good advice and would be able to buy some quality gear, possibly second hand but very usable, for the right price.

You would then have some decent gear that you can use in future.

Buy one of the kits and it will either put you off fishing altogether or you will throw it away and buy some decent stuff anyway.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

I don't know anything about the kit in question but in my experience the kits are usually made up of poor quality stuff the couldn't sell any other way.

If you could find someone with a bit of knowledge to advise you or even let those on here know what you want it for and what your budget is then you would get some good advice and would be able to buy some quality gear, possibly second hand but very usable, for the right price.

You would then have some decent gear that you can use in future.

Buy one of the kits and it will either put you off fishing altogether or you will throw it away and buy some decent stuff anyway.

im wanting to do some coarse fishing at some local lakes near where i live. the kit is £100 but i can pay it off weekly(which is the bit i like as im not paying for it in one big chunk).this is the package im getting http://www.littlewoods.com/fishsense-compl...3903-sku6560948 .i know its not going to be top class gear but i alos have two boys i can pass it down to after if i continue to enjoy going and get myself better tackle

Never a truer word said. The worst stuff is the end tackle and usually atrocious line.

I would think that with someone to guide you that you would be able to get a usable and durable set-up quite cheaply. Like Sportsman and Wilko said though, we do need to know what sort of fishing you intend to do but I'm going to make some assumptions and give it a go.

For general coarse fishing eg roach/perch on a river or lake, find a cheap match style rod of about 12' with a screw fitting on the tip ring, pick up a cheap reel and a screw in quiver-tip. Then get some cheap line to fill the spool (diawa sensor comes in bulk at a good price) of about 5lb breaking strain. Buy a selection of floats, split shot, hooks to nylon (#14/16/18 should suffice to begin with) and some legers. Also, get a book on coarse fishing, the one by Tony Whieldon is very good and easy to understand. This set up will enable you to float or leger fish. You can buy all this stuff on eBay but I would recommend you support your local tackle shop (they should do whatever they can to help get you gear to suit your budget). Try to go with someone who knows about fishing if you can.

You will probably outgrow the rod and possibly the reel in time but they will last much longer than a cheapy combo set-up.

I still have my first, proper set-up, a 12' Sundridge Electra rod (with screw tip quiver) and wobbly, unbalanced reel, both bought with my pocket money in 1996. I've caught carp to 14lb on it (not recommended tho) and even pike to 8lb (also not really what it was designed for). And they still get used too!

However, if you intend to target fish like carp or pike on a regular basis, this set-up may not be the best introduction and you will need different equipment, of which I am not particularly knowledgeable.

Welcome back to the fold,

Renrag

This Years' Targets:- As many species by lure as possible. Preferably via Kayak. 15lb+ Pike on Lure...

Species Caught 2012- Pike, Perch.

Kayak Launches- Fresh-8 Salt- 0

Kayak Captures- 14 Pike, 1 Perch.

My Website and Blog Fishing Blog, Fishkeeping Information and BF3 Guide.

Foxy Lodge Wildlife Rescue