macclesfield canal

Steor1234

hi has anyone fished in macclesfield canal near the hovis mill?? i have heard alot of good from anglers.just wanted to know if anyone has fished here and what kind of fish would i catch?? some people have said there is pike???

just looking for some info

thanks

Unfortunately, it looks like no one which on here always means no one knows the area.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

anyone??

I know where it is as I worked in the Macc. area years ago, but I've not fished it.

I believe it to be the usual mix of coarse fish like most other UK canals, Give it a go and tell us what you get.

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

I fish the Macc regularly, but have never fished it in Macclesfield itself (which is about 20 miles away from me).

If it's anything like the stretch I know, it's mostly roach and bream, with here and there some decent perch and the occasional carp or tench. And a *lot* of signal crayfish, which will have a go at any bait you care to use!

I've never heard of any pike down my way but that's not to say they aren't in other stretches.

The boat traffic can be pretty busy, even in the winter, so I prefer to fish it late afternoon/evening, which in any case is the best time for the bigger fish.