NEW FOREST

PETERGEEGEE

I don't have any contacts details I'm afraid (though I'm sure some of the guys here will)but you could do worse than to take a trip into Ringwood where there are two tackle shops in close proximity to each other - Ringwood Tackle and I think Avon Angling? Both of these will point you in the right direction for both the Avon and the Stour for some good barbel fishing on a day ticket. There are also some good local lakes; I fished Vincents lake some years ago and had some really good sport with the carp.

Good luck,

Paul

As Waterman says both the tackle shops in Ringwood will be happy to help,Ringwood Tackle 01425 475155 or Avon Angling Centre 01425 461038.They are almost next door to each other if you need to use them. Drive through the town centre in a westerly direction and you can't really miss them at the far end.

I do live in the area but don't use the type of fishery that you are looking for so don't really know any,but can vouch for Vincents Lake on the Somerley complex being stuffed with fish.If you want big carp then Meadow lake on the same complex has many 20s and a fair few 30s also plenty of good tench.

River fishing is also available on day-ticket,The Severals Fishery or Lifelands on the Avon and Throop on the Stour.

The parking is another matter,I don't wish to alarm you but it is a problem in the whole area,Forest car parks are particularly targeted and fishery ones are far from immune to the problem.Best advice is don't leave anything in your car even under cover. I can say that it is not as bad now on the fishery car parks as it was a couple of years ago,but don't take any chances.