Greetings

Guest Badger

Guest Wordbender

Hello, Folks,

Terry Doe, here. Full biog. appears on the 'articles' bit of Angler's Net, so here's the potted version.

42 years old, pedigree Gypsy (stationary version), 3 kids, dodgy back and wife who has always known she'll be abandoned when the urge to go wild afflicts me.

I somehow manage to make a living by writing, mainly for a publishing company but also a fair bit of freelance. In possession of retarded dog, who has a larger fanclub than I'll ever have. Just completed a soon-to-be- released biography of Dave Prowse, a.k.a. Darth Vader,(that's me, not the dog)and I devote most of my fishing time to carp, with the odd bit of pike fishing thrown in.

Head Bailiff on a stretch of RMC Angling's River Wey and member of the glorious Liffy Crew, along with our own Ian Gilmour.

That'll do for me. Cheers, everyone.

Terry.

Guest BlueNose

Greetings all.

My name is John, aged 34, a computer trainer and support technician by trade, better known as BlueNose from the fishing newsgroups. I am a keen match angler, who has now come away from the carp puddles, and got back to doing proper fishing on canals.

My claim to fame was winning the Sports Argus Club Masters at Evesham last year. As you can see from my handle, I am a follower of Birmingham City, and hopefully later on this year we will be in the premier league.

------------------

Keep Right On....

Guest chriso

chris oreilly here, paint sprayer .fiftyfour years young and have been fishing since i was 8 years old. got a boy of 22 graphic designer,daughter 21 at the moment waiting to go to camp america as a councilor. live farnham,surrey. fish mainly farnborough angling,hampshire.will fish for anything just love to fish period!

Guest badger (at home)

Hi folks,

Didnt realise my first post would start 'Flaming'!! Credit should go to Elton really though i suppose.

As a better intro then, my name is Dave Fletcher, i'm a student, studying Geography at Sheffield uni. I am greatly in debt but think nothing of maxing out my credit card on some 'absolutely vital' carp tackle, that will no doubt help me in my avoidance of small bream. Seeing as so many of you seem to be living in sin i feel i should be also but i'm not, well not really. Best mates with Chicken Jimmer, i enjoy nothing more than carp dancing and laughing at jimmers stupid comments.(eh tel?- gypsum phylum)

see you on the bank.

Dave

Hi,

Just couldn't resist joining in. My name is Jason Spooner, I am quite new to this, but I have discovered some of the most friendly and helpful people on this forum, as in keeping with all british anglers. About me, 30 something, programmer, lecturer and very much a part time angler at the moment. I fit into the living in sin group, Teresa my partner is forever asking me to get married, but just not got the time at the moment. The day she can put her own maggot on the hook and take the fish off will be the day I marry her - could be waiting a while !

That's me, it's interesting reading about everyone else, when on the net, you tend to visualise people, its good to get the real impression, apart from Elton, I imagined you a little thinner ! Sorry Elton, thanks again for all you've done for me

Jase

Guest Elton
Originally posted by Jase:

That's me, it's interesting reading about everyone else, when on the net, you tend to visualise people, its good to get the real impression, apart from Elton, I imagined you a little thinner ! Jase

So did I! I've packed the weight on over the past couple of years and have now given up alcoholic binging and joined a gym in an attempt to get rid of it again frown.gif

Tight Waistlines,

Elton

------------------

Elton Murphy

Anglers' Net

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk

Guest Martin Salisbury

Be careful Jase, if your lovely lady finds out you'll marry her if she starts baiting her own hook you'll be in trouble, she'll be doing it double quick.

My other half is forever bending my ear, if I gave her that sort of promise that would be it!

``Hi Guys

I'm Gary from Co Down 34years old and married without kids.I am a confirmed fishing nut with the most understanding wife in the whole world.This site feels like a natural home for piscatorial connoisseurs,just what I've been looking for sort of a home from home.When I'm not fishing I'm usually thinking of fishing and when I am fishing I'm probably planning my next trip.I also enjoy

watching rugby union but am too much in to self preservation to play.My favourite fishing destinations are Co Monaghan in the south and The Bann at Toome in the North.Favourite fish are Pike and Bream.My one wish is to bring more Carp fishing to N Ireland.

Tight Lines everyone

There Just has to be some correlation between avid fishing nuts and "Living in Sin". Is it that WE, as a sub group, have a personnallity disorder which prevents us from fishing the same water with TOTAL committment!! I wonder how many of us are "stalkers" on the bankside. OR is that our erstwhile and dedicated partners recognise a selfish trait in our characters which prevents them from trusting us not to put fishing befor other things.

Do we need psychiatric help?

Personnally I think its their fault!! biggrin.gif

Further study is needed!

IanG

Alternatively who gives a S**T as long as we can go fushn. confused.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Guest chevin

Hi, chevin here! Let you into a few secrets! Born in Hartlepool! Yes, I know we hung the monkey, but we thought it was a Frenchman! - an easy mistake! Fished the North Sea from when I was 4 to 13 and then moved to Luton where I took up fresh water fishing. Married to Valerie for 35 years. One daughter who is an expert in digitalising photo's taken from satellites, and who has a team of 25 working for her. (I am a proud Dad too). Live in Oz now, love the climate and the fishing here and always happy to give any advice I can to people coming to Oz for a holiday.