Jays Pike Monster Lake ???

Polly

Apparently this lake is situated in Clayhill Lane, St.Neots, Cambridgeshire. Does anyone know ought about it?, apparently holds pike up to 36lbs

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.

More info here {removed}

Julian

{Link removed. Apparently, the info is incorrect and the guy is sick of phone calls :) - Elton}

[ 29. August 2002, 06:42 PM: Message edited by: Elton ]

Mild Mannered Carp Angler By Day…

Read My Blog:Here! View My Gallery: Here!

www.NorthWestcarp.co.uk Home of the Northern Monkey!

Julian:

More info here: {Link removed. Apparently, the info is incorrect and the guy is sick of phone calls :) - Elton}

Julian

Thanks Julian, I'll give them a ring.

[ 29. August 2002, 06:43 PM: Message edited by: Elton ]

• 2 months later...

Hi Polly,

Could i ask if you went to the 'Jay's Pike Monster Lake' and if you did how did it go . I could phone the lake but lakes always seem to say 'It's doing well right now!'

Anyone else been there lately?

You can e-mail me if you don't want to post details on here.

I may like to do some spinning there soon.

Thanks, Richard.

Use a Lure Instead !! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Richard Harvey:

ok, Has anyone one got first hand knowledge of fishing this water Please :confused:

E-mail me if you don't wish to post it here please.

Thank you, Richard. :)

Hi Richard,

Never fished it but my brother and I will be having a go for the pike this winter (36lbs !!!)

Not even been for a reccie yet so cant tell you anything. Intend to take a look before summer (so called) is over with a view to fishing it for bream,tench etc next spring.

I know its located in Clayhill Lane St Neots. Ring {Number removed. Apparently, the info is incorrect and the guy is sick of phone calls :) - Elton}, I dont know him personally but he's given as the contact on a WEB page I found. There's little or no useful info on the page other than saying pike to 36lbs, day tickets available also night fishing ok and access for dissabled. It's run by "Monster St.Neots Club". Hope this helps a bit.

Are you local to St. Neots then? Maybe we'll meet up there someday.

[ 29. August 2002, 06:45 PM: Message edited by: Elton ]

ooop!!! Just Scrolled up and realised I'm treading on old ground, in fact I started this bl@@dy thing back in May. Sorry to be such a Fool.

If anyone else can throw any info on this lake into the cooking pot it would be appreciated. I must confess the name (Jay's Monster Pike Lake, run by Monster's St.Neots Club!!!) makes me a bit suspicious as to it's authenticity

Thanks for the reply Polly, is it old age making you forget you started this thread ? LOL.

I will give Angus a call soon and maybe go to fish it or look at it first.

If i fish it i'll do a report on it and maybe a few digi photos aswell.

I live about 30-40 mins from St.Neots so we could well meet up for a fish and chat some time.I usually fish lures or flys , but on the odd occasion will but a deadbait out on one rod -(Winter Time ) and spin with the second rod .

Richard. :)

Use a Lure Instead !! ;)

Richard Harvey:

Thanks for the reply Polly, is it old age making you forget you started this thread ? LOL.

I will give Angus a call soon and maybe go to fish it or look at it first.

If i fish it i'll do a report on it and maybe a few digi photos aswell.

I live about 30-40 mins from St.Neots so we could well meet up for a fish and chat some time.I usually fish lures or flys , but on the odd occasion will but a deadbait out on one rod -(Winter Time ) and spin with the second rod .

Richard. :)

I'm Moving to Papworth Everard in October which is about 10-15 mins due East (along A428) from St.Neots. If this lake is any good I will make it my "local" and fish ther on a regular basis, especially as they allow night fishing. Any info you can get hold of (from Angus) would be useful, hopefully they do a season ticket.

Have you fished Lawn Farm (Nr Cambourne) it's not a pike type venue but I've heard good reports recently on the local grapevine. fished there with the kids last summer but never tried main lake which I'm told yields big nets.

Cheers - Phil

Hi Polly , it appears that that go-fish advert is either a wind-up or a missed printed phone number .The man who answered the phone said he was nothing to do with that advert .

I have reported this to Elton as i think go-fish.co.uk is either linked to A.N. or owned/run by Elton aswell?

Polly, i know there are several lakes around St.neots from what i can remember, Eynesbury may have lakes and the river Great Ouse , also Wyboston Lakes is at the juntion of the A1 at Eaton Ford. Eaton Socon ,Little Paxton from what i canremember has various Ex Gravel works lakes dotted about so you be surpirised how much local water you have around there. I have been trying to contact some old friends from that area by phone to find out more but i guess they have moved on now.

Regards ,Richard.

Use a Lure Instead !! ;)