bream groundbait mixtures for stillwater's needed

Golden Phoenix

Hi guy's I have just come back from a superb fishing holiday. i was on the river thern in the broads and the best fish I had was a 7lb 14oz bream and that's the 6th beam i've ever had. now i want to try to catch on still water, can anyone help me with the hookbait and ground bait to use . if it help's the water will be mythe pool if anyone has heard of it. :confused:

see ya

gp or bream boy hopefully :D

[ 03 August 2002, 06:06 PM: Message edited by: Golden Phoenix ]

I had a good day catching bream on friday and i was using csl pellets and double red. i was fishing a carp water though so it mit not work on that pool dont know never fished it. crumb is normally best for bream with lots of particles ( hemp works well)

good luck

Hi.Well done,i'm off to Hickling and the Thurne myself in october perhaps you can give me some tips on areas you fished.

As for hookbaits,worms,corn,casters and maggot and cocktails of above all score at some point.

Try good old brown crumb for groundbait and if you wish, add off the shelf additive goundbaits.

Chris.

chris you will be in for a better chance of pike than I had. I would advise dead bait roach because Roach are really the only bait fish apart from perch and ruffe. if you wan't live bait, fish with float with red or bronze maggot on the very bottom. if you ledger dendrabenah worm about 10-15 ft out you will either get an eel or a bream,

[ 04 August 2002, 08:07 PM: Message edited by: Golden Phoenix ]

Ive recently being having success with the Origional Method Carp Mix and bream 3000 with fish-meal,50/50 with a full packet of ready cooked hemp half pint off casters about 50 peices of sweetcorn with tripple maggot on the hook,this approach has brought me over 50bls in the last 2 session at yeadon tarn,and has brought the odd carp in too.

best of luck fish slime

Use a fishmeal based groundbait ie S**LY B**T or similar. you will have hem crawling up the rods!

Keith

The more you learn, the more you know.

The more you know, the more you forget.

The more you forget, the less you know.

I catch alot of bream in alot of the places i fish the way i go about it is plenty of ground bait(stenches)and plenty of hemp,depending on the amount of fish that you think the water holds,i always start of with 4 to 5 babys head size balls of ground bait with a good 2 to 3 hand fulls of hemp in with it ball it up tight so to sink it sraight to the bed of the lake then just keep loose feedig over the top fish with meet or corn,worm or double red maggot.

see how you get on with that

HAPPY FISHING

A great mix for bream is 50/50 brown crumb and vitalin (the original)Probably one of the best and cheapest ways of doing it. Vitalin is full of goodies that will attract fish

Paul