How to approach

fish slime

Hi everyone,im fishing a match this weekend and i dont have a clue on how to fish it.

Its on the 'Junction Canal' and all i know is its 9 foot deep down the track and 5 foot on the inside and far side ledge.Ive head of people winning matches on feeder fishing.should i just do this or experiment.

thanks fish :confused: :rolleyes::D slime

I've never fished it but. Are you aloud to prebait if so bung some hemp and caster's in 10-12 ft out. I would use a light ledger maybe 1/4 of an oz and use worm for bait, that's my main producer. happy fishing :):P :cool: :D

[ 07. August 2002, 07:42 PM: Message edited by: Bream Boy ]

doubtfull that you will be allowed to prebait, I havent fished it either but from what i understand it is pretty similar to the stainforth an keadby, in which case i would fish two pole lines at about 8 meters (loose feed only, either maggots or pinkies) and one as far out as you can comfortably fish you pole, with groundbait and whichever bait you think. Also as you say the feeder should score, keep and open mind. look at what those around you are doing, and also i think there are some big chub lurking around on the far shelf.

When i was fishing at martham there was a bloke and he bunged in 20kg of groundbait in to day's he only caut roach and skimmer's then when he saw me bringing in some 2-3 lb bream he soon changed over to ledger and didn't even have a bite, i just have got the nak and the skill, I've been fishin one year and my p.b. fish out of every species is a 15lb 12oz pike. :D:D:P:P :cool: :)