Barbel Fishing

Elton

Do you want me to pop along Elton? I am sure I can put you onto some fish. I have only fished there twice in the last 2 years, but use to fish it quite often. Pellet, boilies, luncheon meat is what you need. Don't bother with maggots the small stuff will pester the hell out of you. Some fishmeal based ground bait wouldn't go a miss either.

Just get in touch

Paul

Guest Rabbit
Cheers, guys. On the reel front, will my Shimano 8010's, loaded with 15lb mono, be okay? Or is that overkill?

i would load with say 10lb or tops 12 with say hooklengths of 10 or 8. You could use a 8'' or so hooklength with pellet hair rigged on a size 8 hook, I use the Drennan specimen pattern or the Raptor, the latter is very good. i extend the hooklength for meat, normally 2 foot minimum, also hairigged and stopped with spaghetti or a piece of cocktail stick on a size 8 normally. The weather forecast is for settled weather...hopefully, so no repeat of last years floods?? so no manhole covers to hold bottom.

i don't overfeed with loosefeed, just a handful, try dampened pellet around a method feeder for accuracy too. Right thats enough I'm drooling...11 days and counting. :rolleyes:

Bum. So I've got to buy more line? :(

What else is in that stretch river? Is it worth taking a few lures to chuck about?

I'll also have a go at the carp in one of the pools. There's a no boilie rule, so that should cut down on the amount of bait I take with me :)

Seph, it would be handy if you're about on those dates. Could you PM me your number?

And Rabbit, I'm drooling, too, now. :)

Cheers everyone,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE