river stort

Peter M

For those essex and east herts anglers who are interested, Stort valley AS now have a web site which gives details of their fishing on the river stort. Very little river fishing in essex can be obtained on a day ticket. even less now that CAPS have taken over large sections of the river chelmer. Happily the stort can be fished on a day ticket. details below.

stortvalleyanglingsociety.org/C...ClubWaters.html

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

i used to fish the stort, years ago in the summer holidays,great fishing,easpecially up the overgrown backwaters,my training ground for catching chub that was,used to sneak round the back of the beefeater restraunt to fish a small pool that th eriver came in too,the absolute nuts for pike in winter so many in there,unfortunetly we weere poaching so regaurly got kicked off!went to the moorhen is it?little shallow boating lake there,one time the river flooeded into it we enjoyed terrific sport there again not stricly allowed!those were the days.....

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!

shame....my mate had his first twenty out of there,about 8 years ago now lots of doubles too,we used to go across the little brook by the lock round the back of it the other place was up near car spraying/body works place thers like a canal bit above a small weir,lots of overgrown backwaters up there,if you follow it straight down you go to the moorhen,you know it?

AKA RATTY

I know it well I will be fishing on the back waters near the LAton weir pool tomorrow or monday I will be hoping for dace and chub, might have a go in the pool itself. There are some nice tench on the main river above the weir in the summer, (maggots in the garage all ready).

take a look at my blog

we used to call it the pike pool,it re-joins the river futher down.didnt know there are tench in there!used to see the odd carp drift through.well good luck!

AKA RATTY

Well no fish came out of the stort today. i gave up in early afternoon and droped down to the HArlow common pond in potter street. MAnaged to catch about a dozen small rudd. nothing big but at least i caught,considering it is the 3rd of JAn.

take a look at my blog

is that the one near the estate?big clock tower in front of it?night fished it once filled a keepnet with small rudd,some nice tenchmand crucians good nite that was!yes considering its jan done well, i blanked piking.

AKA RATTY

Not sure abuut the cloke tower as the one i know is on second ave. Harlow common lane is off potter street and the pond is on that. i never fish it in the summer as the common is full of kids riding motor scooters and the litter makes the place look like a land fill. I managed to catch crucians and tench there two winters ago when i had the pond to myself. its free fishing and i just wish the locals would treat it with a bit more respect.

take a look at my blog