Berkley Invisible

Rogerb

The Diamond Geezer:

So, Newt, which brand(s) of fluorocarbon WOULD you go for then?

The    :confused:   Geezer

It may not help you unless you are comfortable ordering from the US because I use the BassPro house brand, XPS. Costs about $15-$17 per 200 yd spool and I've had good luck with it. 6lb to 25lb b/s available.

There are others less expensive (Stren for instance at around $10) and if you want longer spools, Cabelas also has a house brand with up to 600yd spools ranging from $20 - $30 per spool but I haven't used it. Probably good.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then XPS should do you well. Excellent fluoro line.

Well worth the cost to me. I don't mind paying good money for lines and hooks since to my way of thinking, they are the business end of my tackle.

I've never understood folks who will pay a premium for top quality rods & reels and then spool with junk and terminate it with a cheap hook.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President