aproaching lakes

nathan

when you aproach your how do you know the peg you are going to fish, what do you look for?

when i aproach a lake i look for fish that are making bubbles in the water but by the time i have set up plumbed up the bubbles are no longer there, i try to make as little disturbance as i can but they still go away. do you think i should just stay in the same peg or move.

also when you are fishing and feed an area do you fish the same spot all the time or do you try different place.

i ask these questions because lately at my local fisherie i'm not catching as much as i usually do and with it being summer i must be doing some thing wrong

You will catch fish on any peg in the fishery. Obviously some pegs fish better than others, but the problem is that in the summer bait is going in on all the pegs so the fish are spread through out the fishery. In the winter because sometimes you might get one or two people fishing the lake in aday the fish will find the only bait going in so your catches can be bigger. I have found this to be the case especially for the bigger fish.

Paul

Nathan,

Instead of setting up on bubbles....take some time to study them...and then see where they go...and try to form a picture of any patrol route they may follow.

Are they hugging the margins as they wander?..or any particular depth/weedbed/contour or other factor?

In short, outthink your quarry and have a presented bait ready for them when they arrive....

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet