Greetings

Guest Badger

Guest Steve Burke

What a good idea this is! I'm sure it'll make the forum more interesting and promote new friendships. Indeed I met Elton and Leon through another newsgroup, although most posters remain strangers because I know little or nothing about them.

Anyway, I'm 47 and live in Kent with my wife Peggy, who's 100% behind my fishing and spoils me rotten! Mind you, I spoil her too!

Although I'm now semi-retired due to being disabled I still usually fish only 2 half days a week on average, and find that suits me fine. This may be because, apart from my family, everything else in my life revolves around fishing.

I'm lucky enough to own 160 acres of nature reserve of which half is water. I'm trying to grow monster British fish of various species in peaceful surroudings and so far so good. Further details are under Wingham Fisheries in the Kent index of Fisheries elsewhere on this site.

I've also been involved in the tackle trade and done a fair bit of writing on fishing. I'm currently writing another book about my favourite species, perch.

For those who are interested, a fuller background of what I get up to can be found under the authors page of Anglers Net.

------------------

Wingham Fisheries

www.anglersnet.co.uk/fisheries/wingham.htm

Guest Paul Hack

Hi All,

I've plucked up the courage to add my profile to your list of wise men and woman.

I'm a married man 42yrs young with a very understanding wife and two children,lad of 12 and young lady of 10.I originate from a small village called Woburn in Beds (famous for it's Abbey and Safari Park)where as a young lad would fish on the grounds waters now apparently quite exclusive.I married in 84 and moved to Milton Keynes where I still abide.I have a background of metal engineering/printing and various other occupations and currently work for the Royal Mail where early morning rising has never been a problem.The angling bug hit me again less than a year ago after purchasing a very cheap telescopic plastic type rod for my lad whilst on holiday in Mallorca.After landing a couple of grey mullet which fought like sharks on that outfit I couldn't resist the real thing when we arrived home.Milton Keynes has some wonderful waters and canal stretches which are covered on a very good ticket,which seem to attract many good matches for visitors.Resurrecting this hobby after 25yrs or so basicly means starting all over again,and I can't wait to get a real summer in to try and land as many species as poss to find my niche.I have enjoyed some winter carpholes so far and netting on good days over 80lb of catch.However the river is where I'd like to stretch my imagination (Ouse) for some good chubb and maybe barbel.

Unfortunately my other passions of golf and football will probably suffer as the summer draws nearer.My earlier memories of fishing in the Woburn Abbey grounds as a young lad were not at all fruitful but certainly remember many good anglers pulling out good cats and pike on some of the waters.I will certainly look forward to some of the witty and and very interesting debates for the coming season and will no doubt pick some of your brains for tips and answers.

There! I hope that wasn't to bland and boring.

------------------

Paul H

Tightlines All