Lure Fishing In The Cold

Elton

• 1 month later...

One of the best producing baits for the winter months is the Jig and Pig. If I knew how to post a picture in this message I would show you what one looks like in case you havent seen one. The bait is very versatile and is great for catching Large Bass.

I also like to slow roll a spinnerbait with double colorado blades. The colorado blades produce more sound in the water but dont offer as much flash as the willow blades.

JT Bagwell

Contact me any time: Facebook.com/Bagwell or Facebook.com/BagwellsBassTactics or Twitter.com/JeremiahBagwell

Jeremiah T. Bagwell:

One of the best producing baits for the winter months is the Jig and Pig. If I knew how to post a picture in this message I would show you what one looks like in case you havent seen one. The bait is very versatile and is great for catching Large Bass.

One of the regulars, Nick In The North, kindly provides us with a way to easily do this. Go to this site, select the file you want to post by clicking the browse button and finding it on you PC, the click the dancing Elton. Cut/paste the bit of text it returns into your post and the picture should appear when the thread is viewed. Try and keep as small as you can though - there is a limit on size but I'm not sure what it is.

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are fictitious. Any similarities to real

opinions, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.

Hereford_angler:

In winter I use deeper lures , slower moving retrival, louder rattling lures and brighter colours (like pink     ).

I'm not by any means disregarding what you say but I find I go for mellower lure colours during the colder months.

Summer sees me using bright Reds and Oranges with flashes of Fluorescents in for good measure. I think these "outstanding" colours fair well just because they are different to everything else around at the time. I rarely "match the hatch" because I think the Pike have seen it all.

In Winter though I believe there is very little to be seen and with the Pikes lethargy and general lack of interest, I tend to go for something they know, if you like. Browns and Greens on a slow retrieve are the way I go.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...