small merky farm pond?

cookus

does anyone know how to fish a small farm pond that is very merky?

i have heard rumorus that theres a few decent size carp in there and the odd crucian?

i find it hard to believe that a pond this small would have decent size fish in it

does anyone know of any good methods to fish in it

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your best bet is to go down to the pond early morning with some carp feed ,floating pellets and such like and just feed and watch and see.

Don't forget your polarised sunglasses if its as murky as you say you'll need them.

Tight lines :cool:

Often it's the carp etc foraging for food that actually make the water murky! Don't worry, they don't need to be able to see that clearly to feed or to grab your bait .... they have an ace sense of smell and can even feed in the dark when there's no moon! Clever eh?

Diamond G

it is literally very small

what i cant believe is that a bloke caught what he said was a least a 10lber out of it

i was thinking of fishing brandlings using a small float

If it that small a float set up would be best - basically you would be stalking for them .As for catching a 10lb'er on float tackle my first carp was on a float rod - just over 11lb's .What fun , i might have to make a visit back to that water :D

Tight lines

Guest NickInTheNorth

How small is small? I used to regularly fish a pond which was sort of oval shape, 20 metres across the long way about 15 metres the short.

It contained loads of stunted crucians, small tench, big perch (up to 3.5lbs) and biggest surprise of all about 15 carp, the biggest of which weighed just under 15 lbs!

Is it the sort of pond which people visit with bread to feed the ducks? If they do that is probably your no.1 bait - bread that is not ducks :D .If not then if it is not regularly fished I would feed a can or two of sweetcorn each day for a a few days then just use a simple float rig with sweetcorn as bait. Good luck.