course fishing

jeffcollo

i went fishing yestaday to my local lake.And i couldant catch nothing i was doin everything i thourght was wright by feeding little wright rigs and it was like that twice befor the wether was minses 2im just wounderin if i coulld have some tips or ideas of somone thanks

Hi Jeff and welcome to Anglers Net. There's all the help you'll ever need on here if you can give us more detail of the method you were trying and what fish you were expecting to catch ;)

As no man is born an artist, so no man is born an angler. Izaac Walton

Hi Jeff and welcome to Anglers Net. There's all the help you'll ever need on here if you can give us more detail of the method you were trying and what fish you were expecting to catch ;)

i was using the bomb and corn and pellet palony meet and soft hookers deep the waggler on same bait and the pole all ov it deep and non ov it workedon the pole used smaller floats in shallower water

sorry i forgotto say wot i was wating to catch it was carp and tench bream chub and barble

How were you fishing? Method? Bait? And most importantly what were you targetting? Then we can give advice :)

As famous fisherman John Gierach once said "I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I like fishing because it's the one thing I can think of that probably doesn't."

Like Budgie says, with temperatures as they are, we all struggle for a bite, so you're not necessarily doing anything wrong. Your methods will work in warmer weather. A couple of ideas. Scale down the tackle (lighter lines, smaller hooks and baits), don't feed too much. You'll be lucky to get a Tench until things warm up a bit. Maggots or chopped worm might be worth a try.

Most important, don't give up, keep trying and keep asking questions :)

As no man is born an artist, so no man is born an angler. Izaac Walton

i went fishing yestaday to my local lake.And i couldant catch nothing i was doin everything i thourght was wright by feeding little wright rigs and it was like that twice befor the wether was minses 2im just wounderin if i coulld have some tips or ideas of somone thanks

Like budgie and jason p say dont worry to much about it , the last three matches ive struggled to make the money but im not to concerned at the moment because in winter its only 1 or 2 pegs each time that produce because the fish hardly move around and if you havent drawn on them you cant really draw them into your peg so its a struggle.

Like whats been said before, all you can do to improve your chances is use smaller hooks and lighter lines because even if you land on the fish you can still spook them off .

I would expect things to improve in a few weeks thou, as at the moment were still fishing off the back of that icy spell and the water temperature hasnt settled yet .

How were you fishing? Method? Bait? And most importantly what were you targetting? Then we can give advice :)

i was fvishing the mothod feeder bout 40 yard out on pellets and corn the waggler on meet and corn and pole on palony and pellet tryin to catch tench carp or bream

Like budgie and jason p say dont worry to much about it , the last three matches ive struggled to make the money but im not to concerned at the moment because in winter its only 1 or 2 pegs each time that produce because the fish hardly move around and if you havent drawn on them you cant really draw them into your peg so its a struggle.

Like whats been said before, all you can do to improve your chances is use smaller hooks and lighter lines because even if you land on the fish you can still spook them off .

I would expect things to improve in a few weeks thou, as at the moment were still fishing off the back of that icy spell and the water temperature hasnt settled yet .

have you got any tips n that couse i aint bin fishing for that long realy