Halsnead Park Whiston

mattavich

I've been reading some horror stories about Halsnead Park and the gangs of youths there. But there are three lakes, one by a football pitch, a small lake near by and then the large lake by the caravan site which is pay only.

Has anyone else had experiences with the lake by the caravan site? Is it rough on that lake with youths and scallys? Or is it just the other 2 lakes which are free to fish?

This is a general overview of it, http://www.wirralseafishing.co.uk/forum/ph...pic.php?t=12192

I don't have a car or anyone to fish with so my idea was to go alone by trying tog et a life of maybe a taxi or something. But if it is rough as a dog's arse then obviously i'm not going alone :P

It was me who mentioned this water to you.

It can be busy at weekends during the summer and during school holidays with lots of youngsters descending on the lake to fish and mess about in general.

There have been instances of tackle theft there but it's pretty much confined to night fishing carp anglers having things taken by sneak theives whilst they're asleep!

If you're prepared to get up early on a summer morning then the Lake will be quiet other than snoozing Carpers and you'll find yourself a nice secluded swim with some good fishing to be had.

I usually head a bit further afield for my fishing these days, I'm a member of a syndicate in Kent, but when I'm fishing locally you're welcome to come along if you like. My friend Graeme (posts on here as Grazy) and I will be doing some short sessions on local waters from April onwards - probably Halsnead and Newsham Park this year after Tench.

By the way - if you need a Taxi just ask for an estate car. If they send you a seven seater I think the rates are higher. Make sure you take a stink bag for your nets and muddy boots though because the Cabbie won't be happy if you make a mess of his car!

It was me who mentioned this water to you.

It can be busy at weekends during the summer and during school holidays with lots of youngsters descending on the lake to fish and mess about in general.

There have been instances of tackle theft there but it's pretty much confined to night fishing carp anglers having things taken by sneak theives whilst they're asleep!

If you're prepared to get up early on a summer morning then the Lake will be quiet other than snoozing Carpers and you'll find yourself a nice secluded swim with some good fishing to be had.

I usually head a bit further afield for my fishing these days, I'm a member of a syndicate in Kent, but when I'm fishing locally you're welcome to come along if you like. My friend Graeme (posts on here as Grazy) and I will be doing some short sessions on local waters from April onwards - probably Halsnead and Newsham Park this year after Tench.

By the way - if you need a Taxi just ask for an estate car. If they send you a seven seater I think the rates are higher. Make sure you take a stink bag for your nets and muddy boots though because the Cabbie won't be happy if you make a mess of his car!

I'm self employed and have a lot of spare time on my hands so I could possibly fish any time of the week. Any lake would be quiet during the week 6am-3pm i'm sure so I think I will give it a go.

Thanks Rob, hopefully I will be already fishing by then :D I'm not a fan of Newsham, I fished that many years ago when I was a lad and it was quite rough. God some pike out of the old lake though. Seen a guy pull out a 15-20lb carp right in the middle when it was icey.

I found a very very close lake in a secluded area on Google maps. It is a bike ride away from me but I have no idea what it is called or who runs it. Do you have any idea?

It is on Naylors Road, near Hope School.

Open google maps http://maps.google.co.uk/

53.39765,-2.847714

Put those coordinates into the search, use satellite view . I had a look on street view, it is nicely fenced off and I can see pegs on the Satellite view.

This could be a greta place I can reach if I know who owns it or what it is called.

Looking at that I'd say it's right next to a farm so there would be my first port of call, I know for a fact that the small pool at the top of the map by the Motorway contains Tench but is covered by pond weed most of the year.

Newsham is a decent fishery and most of the lads that fish there are alright, early morning and during daylight you'll be fine.