Disgusted

Guest Gaz

Guest Gaffer

Gaz,I've not had much exprience with pike and I'm not sure if what I've got to say is very constructive,but here goes.

It's very easy to buy a trace,set of trebles,sprats and go piking.

It is also very easy,when not very experienced,to make a mistake and allow a fish to become deep-hooked.

I'm not making excuses,but it sounds like a case of negligence,inexperience and panic.

If so,is it possible for the water on which this happened,to make sure that inexperienced anglers are taught how to fish for,handle and unhook pike before being allowed to fish?

At our local club water we have periodic teach-ins to help prevent 'accidents'.

Could this not be done?

Gaffer.

Guest Elton

Teach Ins are great and should be wholeheartedly supported. Trouble is, I bet you'll find that a high percentage of 'accidents' occur to people who don't attend them or, in fact, are as passionate about fishing and fish as others. frown.gif

All the best,

Elton

------------------

Elton Murphy

Anglers' Net

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk

Gaffer..... This water is a more or less wild river of which the particular stretch we can fish must be over 20 miles. Anglers come from all parts and alot of them use boats as the toome stretch runs into a large lough and then continues again on the other side for miles.I am in total agreement that education is the way forward and that these sort of occurances are caused by people who are either inexperienced or by cavemen who belong in a different millennium. People who have a passion for fishing learn to respect their quarry and by their interest learn how to handle it with care. When all is said and done there are no excuses acceptable. Thanks for the feedback its very interesting.

Tight Lines Gaz.