Medusa Multi-Feeding System

bugle

Does anybody else have experiance of the Medusa multi feeding system?

I recently bought this product and I am warning other users to be careful when attaching the cups to your pole as the clip grips so hard you cannot get it of again. This I learnt to my cost and broke the end of my top 3. Whilst the idea is good if you see the people who sell this item ask them if they are aware of the problem. I have emailed the sellers but have had no reply.

If you do not know the product have a look at

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/medusa1998

If you have this item I would suggest trying to attach the usual pole cup screw fix clip to the base of the medusa. This is a cheaper option than repairing your pole.

I saw this product or similar at an angling show (Chatsworth) this year . . .

I am not totally 100% convinced on this dropping on the top of fish idea.

I think their is a certain amount of skill one picks up with the apprentiship of the catapult . . plus if you are fishing with this kinda gear you must be fishing up in the water.

It is was just a dump it to the bottom approach then their would be no benefit because ....

I have noticed from watching captive carp and orfe (pets) that they often swim over grub baits and waft them from the bottom with their tails, causing a mini vortex and sending the bait upward, they then swim through this cloud and pick out what they want (I am sure some one will contest this . . but it is my finding) .

So if we are using this for on the drop fishing what happens when you drop your end tackle in and a fish takes it in the 1st couple of seconds - - do you empty out the contents (can you ?) then strike - - presumably not, does this not then cause a spreading of the bait all over the swim from the resultant action and pole jiggling ??

I opted for the mark two of the one handed catapult . . . this I have used once, then reverted back to a two handed traditional device ..

Ps - I also cracked a top section of a middy pole attaching maver pole pots which I had used for 4 years without problem on a maver pole . . maybe carp poles are not designed for this style of mechanical pressure

hey waddaya know I can spell tomato !

Being from Yorkshire, up north, up north.

We tend to be a might careful spending our money.

So, I was watching a kids programme on the tv. one day, 'How' I think, and Fred Dinage I think he's called. He made a tray from any peice of wood and suspended it with a string from each corner, with the strings being held in one hand. His claim being that if you tried to carry the tray in your hand with six cups of tea on it, you would have to be extremely careful not to spill the tea. Suspended, however, it equally difficult to spill it. Pole pots are the same. For 'potting in', I made one from a Muller rice carton, two holes each side at the top. Strung some 60lbs sea line as a loop, a 2/0 aberdeen with the barb broken off hung from the centre of the bottom of the pot by a peice of 20 lbs dacron. But you MUST drill a few small holes in the bottom of the cup, because if you don't, you won't get it off the surface of the water. Fill the cup, hook it up and feed. You can be as rough as you like shipping out and there is no chance whatsoever of you damaging your pole. Mine cost about 12p and I would not swap it for anything.

I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow - creature, let me do it now, let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.

In reply to Bradford Angler

The cup has a lid on it so when you strike and/or ship in the pole you rotate your pole thro 180 degrees and the feed cannot get out of the holes.

I agree with the observation that the constant drip of feed may bring the fish up from the bottom, but this will happen over time in setting up the swim. I think the constant dripping of feed, the rate which can be altered by using the supplied plugs, will make the fish less wary than having a pot full of bait dumped over their heads?