Norfolk Broads

Alan Branson

Hi everyone

i'm going on the Broads on saturday for a whole week :D:D:D

We're picking the boat up at St Olaves & i was just wandering if there was a good fishing spot nearby for our first day as i've not been this far south before. Any tips anyone can give me would be very helpful as we will be fishing a match every day with the overall winner getting a trophy at the end of the week.(i also heard there's a trophy for the one who drinks the most :D:D ) look out norfolk

thanks in advance Alan

Fritton Lake is near to St Olaves, mooring is free & the fishing is excellent.

Plenty of bream on the Waveney, fish big lumps of bread, size tens and a ledger, the river nips along. One or two nice carp to about 30 pounds. Nip up the Yare to Beachamp Armes for bream.

Enjoy your holiday. Night time for bream though.

Not quite in the St Olaves area, but I had wonder around part of a lake near Filby on Sunday. Absolutely beautiful!

Couldn't stop long as we (the family) were on trip out to Thrigby Hall.

Had a lovely pub lunch next to the river (Thurne?!) a couple of miles north of Acle. (A1064)

You're a lucky man Peter to live in such a wonderful part of the country.

[ 04. September 2002, 07:07 PM: Message edited by: Gaffer ]

Thanks for complimenting the area Gaffer. Yes, it is an angler's heaven. Filby Broad is great for pike, its one of the Trinity Broads. Another AN member asked about that recently. Thrigby is great, my Grand Kids love it! We always manage to come home via Latham's tackle shop at Potter Heigham. Alan, Oulton Broad was fishing well today, biggest bream over 7 lbs! And the pike came on this evening in rather spectacular fashion. If you're down this way phone 01502 568671, might not show you the fish, certainly will the pubs!

We who live in Norfolk are truly blessed with an amazing selection of fisheries. My limited fishing time is normally spent at either Water Meadows at Cranworth or Swanton Morley where there are 4 pits and a stretch of the Wensum. The pits hold large pike, Tench, Carp, Bream (large doubles in at least one) and the usual other raoch, Perch etc. we really ought to get a AN fish in sorted in this area, that way I might learn how to catch them. How about it.